Monday, April 25, 2011

EASTER WEEKEND

We had such a great long Easter Weekend. On Friday we took Elle to see the Easter Bunny. I find all Easter Bunnies to be a bit creepy but I felt like we just had to have a picture. She is so little and this is her first holiday. So we dressed her in her little smocked Easter dress and she slept through it. But then she woke up. These pictures just make me laugh!
After the Easter Bunny we all ran errands and went out to lunch together. It was a fun day as a family.

On Saturday I met up with my friend Susan for lunch and then we went to see Water for Elephants. It was really good. I have a hard time liking movies after I have loved the book. And while I still feel like the book was one thousand times better than the movie; the movie was still really good. It was a very pretty movie with the circus scenery. Reese and Rob both looked gorgeous too.

Saturday night Kenny and I took Elle and grabbed some dinner at Huey's and watched some of the Grizzlies game. We won! One more game until we advance in the playoffs. Huey's is next door to my favorite yogurt shop Yolo so we stopped by there to. Ha!

Sunday morning the Easter Bunny came bright and early. Elle had her first Easter basket. It did not have to many things because not being able to eat candy really puts a damper on Easter Baskets. But he did manage to get her a few things. She liked it! Kenny and I had some little happies to.
We decided to forgo church because we were not comfortable putting her in the nursery just yet and we knew that church would be so crowded. So we spent a nice day at home and went for a walk on the Green Line in the afternoon then grilled out for dinner.

It really was such a good weekend and makes me so excited for more holidays as a family.

No comments: