Wednesday, April 6, 2011

YOU KNOW WHAT IN A HAND BASKET

Yep. That is right. My week and my DIET have gone to H-E-double hockey sticks in a hand basket.

So it is Weight Watchers Wednesday and I got nothin! Except that I have probably gained. I know as of Sunday I had gained a pound which I was expecting after eating a ton of craw fish and eating all sorts of bad stuff with my girlfriends on Saturday. Post on the fun time we had to come!

Then Monday morning Memphis had a ginormous storm and our power has been out ever since. My mother in law is in town keeping Elle this week since it is my last week of work and now she is keeping the baby at the hotel during the day in stead of our house! I was stressed that we were going to lose all of our food in the fridge, not to mention all of the frozen meals I had made. So we moved all of that to a friends house yesterday. Kenny and I have been schlepping all over town just trying to find a place to lay our weary heads. I know, I know, I am being sooooo dramatic. But not having power and an infant and a mother in law in town makes everything very inconvenient for everyone involved.

And I have been stress eating. Because everything is so crazy and because it makes me feel better. I know everything will be fine in a few days. They are predicting our power to be back on by Friday and that also is my last day of work. So I plan to start fresh next week and will have a full update then.

I will give you this amazing recipe for a Weight Watchers Spicy Meatloaf though! I made it last week when my mom was in town and it was so easy and delicious! I doubled the recipe and froze one. Kenny also enjoyed some of it on a sandwich the next day and said it was tasty.

SPICY MEATLOAF
Ingredients
1 spray(s) cooking spray
1/2 pound(s) raw lean ground beef
1/2 pound(s) uncooked ground turkey breast
2 large egg white(s)
2 oz cornbread stuffing dry mix, (about 1 cup)
1 medium onion(s), chopped
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp Durkee Ground Cumin Seed, or other brand
4 oz canned green chili peppers, diced
8 oz canned enchilada sauce

Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a broiler pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, mix beef, turkey, egg whites, stuffing mix, onion, chili powder, cumin, chilies and half of enchilada sauce together. Shape into an oval with your hands and place on prepared broiler pan. Cook for 1 hour, top with remaining enchilada sauce and bake for 5 minutes more. Slice into 6 pieces and serve.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I saw your blog on the Spearmint Baby blog hop! The meatloaf sounds amazing and I cannot wait to try it! I think it's something even my picky-eater husband will eat!

http://andbabysproutmakesthree.blogspot.com/