Friday, April 22, 2011

ROUTINE


If I have learned one thing from having a baby it is that I NEED A ROUTINE!!! I NEED A SCHEDULE!! Let's be honest. I have always been a smidge obsessed with time and being on time. But I never realized that in order for me to feel sane I needed to know what is coming next.

However it is so hard to really and truly have a routine with a baby. In the beginning you might as well hang it up. Its not going to happen. You have to give a newborn what they need and when they need it which leaves you exhausted and flying by the seat of your pants. But as the weeks go by things are getting better. We are falling into a "routine." I am doing some work for Kenny and his boss so I am trying to work in work tasks along with baby tasks. Things are getting manageable. And I am regaining my sanity. So here is a look at our typical day.

5:00 AM- Elle wakes up for a bottle
5:20 AM - Elle goes back into her crib to sleep for a little longer
6:30 AM - Elle starts to stir and fuss over the monitor so I bring her in the bed and we cuddle and she goes right back to sleep
8:00 AM – Bottle
8:30 AM – Work emails and tasks
8:30 – 9:45 AM – Elle usually lays on her Baby Einstein mat which she loves and talks to the little star that lights up and plays music and bats at the rattles and we do tummy time. She's cute. I sit next to her and do work if I have any.
9:45 – 11:00 AM – She goes down for a nap and I rush to take a shower and get dressed for the day. This is also when I make the bed, straighten up the house and do small chores. I am always rushed because she is only napping for around an hour right now.
11:00 AM – Get Elle dressed for the day, Bottle
11:30 – 1:30 PM We go to lunch if we have a lunch date or we load up and run any errands that I need to run
2:00 PM – Bottle
2:30- 4:00 PM – Naptime and work for me
4:00 PM – Elle wakes up from her nap so more playtime and tummy time. Then I will put her in her swing so she can see me or her Lamb chair while I prepare dinner and make the bottles for the night and next day
5:00 PM – Bottle
5:30 PM – Check emails and wrap any work up
6:00 PM - Kenny gets home and daddy-daughter bonding time and we just hang out
7:30 PM - Bath time. Kenny is in charge of bath time and getting her ready for bed while I get dinner ready.
8:00 PM - Elle gets swaddled, fed her bottle then in the crib she goes with her Sleep Sheep. It is rare if she makes a sound after we put her down.
8:30 PM - Kenny and I eat dinner, watch movies or TV
10 PM -Head to bed so we can do it all over again tomorrow.

No comments: