Monday, April 18, 2011

WEEKEND UPDATE

Kenny and I had a great weekend with some one on one time and Kenny got to go see his favorite band in the entire world. Widespread Panic. He has loved them since high school and has been to A LOT of shows. And because we have been together so long I have been to A LOT of shows. It is funny because I am not really that big of a fan but I do enjoy spending time with Kenny in this way because he just loves it so much! I figured after we had a baby that I would never go to another WSP concert but not the case.

Saturday morning my sister came over to babysit and spend some quality time with her niece and we hit the road for Pelham, AL. The band was playing at the Oak Mountain venue. When we got into town we checked into our hotel and then were going to do some tailgating with friends. Our friends weren't there yet so we took a detour to 2 Pesos Mexican Restaurant. It was happy hour. Yall! This place had the most electric green margaritas I have EVER seen in my entire life. I think they might have glowed in the dark. The picture does not even do it justice. Ha!!


After enjoying our extremely green and extremely strong margaritas we met up with everyone else before the concert started. It was a beautiful day and tailgating is always fun.


The concert itself was fun but on Sunday morning I was up early and ready to come home! My sister had sent me this picture on Saturday and I was ready to kiss those cheeks.

3 comments:

Lauren@ Not Your Average Southern Belle said...

My roommates in college LOVED WSP - I still have a million WSP coozies :)

Annie said...

My niece is sooo beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I made the infamous blog! wooohooo - Nick