Tuesday, October 11, 2011

WEEKEND RECAP

Kenny was out of town a good bit of this past weekend going to a concert and for business. But he and I did take Elle to the zoo last week together and I need to do a post on that.

On Friday morning I met up with some friends at Memphis Botanic Gardens for a stroll and to let the babies crawl around at My Big Backyard. It is a little old for Elle but we enjoyed being outside and seeing all the pretty flowers and oh my goodness she is going to love love love the children's section when she gets a little bit older.
When we got home from that Elle was wiped out and I was beat to. I ended up sleeping when Elle was napping for both of her naps that day. That is unusual for me. I thought it was just allergies and being out in the heat. On Friday night, Elle and I went to my friends house for margaritas and fajitas. It was a fun low key night.

On Saturday I woke up feeling like poo. This was my first time to be sick since having Elting and let me tell you having a baby and being sick is H-A-R-D. Thankfully, Kenny arrived home Saturday night because by Sunday I was to sick to even get out of bed. And now, Monday, I have still spent the day in bed. Kenny has been so amazing and has been taking care of Elle all day every day the past two days and letting me stay in the bed and try to get better. We have both decided that it is better for me not to kiss her or hold her and that part is killing me. But I would hate for her to feel as terrible as I have felt. I am truly blessed to have a husband who is able to move his work schedule around and be Mr. Mom for a couple days and Elle has absolutely loved all the time with her daddy. Can't wait to get to those cheeks tomorrow though!

Despite being sick I did manage to make dinner last night because I had already done the preparation on Saturday. I found this recipe on Pinterest for a Spinach, Chicken Pasta Bake and it so good! We are eating leftovers tonight and I am excited. I am hoping I will be able to taste it more tonight. Here is the recipe. I definitely recommend it. Tasty and easy!

Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake
8 oz uncooked rigatoni
1 T olive oil
1 c chopped onion
1 (10 oz) pack frozen spinach, thawed
3 c cubed, cooked chicken breasts
1 (14 oz) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
1 (8 oz) container Philadelphia chive & onion cream cheese
½ t salt, ½ t pepper
1½ c shredded mozzarella cheese

Prepare rigatoni according to pkg directions. Spread oil on bottom of 11x17 in baking dish; add onion in a single layer. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or just until tender. Transfer onion to large bowl, set aside.

Drain chopped spinach well, pressing between paper towels. Stir in rigatoni, spinach, chicken, & next 4 ingredients into onion in bowl. Spoon mixture into dish & sprinkle evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake covered at 375 for 30 minutes; uncover & bake 15 more minutes or until bubbly.

No comments: