Monday, March 26, 2012

CRAWDAD WEEKEND!

This weekend was a fantastic jam packed weekend and I had to spend most of Sunday recovering from overall exhaustion.

Friday morning, we met our favorite play date pair Lindsay and her little boy Loftin at the zoo. Anytime we go places with them we always take the babies' little cars. It is just so cute to see those two blondies cruisin around and they love each other.
Taking a snack break while watching the seal show.

Saturday morning, Kenny headed out to play golf with a friend and Elle and I hung around the house straightening up and getting ready for the parrrrrtay! We hosted a crawfish boil with some friends that afternoon.

Our friend Joe is a master boiler of crawfish. He knows how to get the spice just right. I prefer his crawfish over any I have ever had. I finally managed to score some Abita Strawberry to sip along with the little critters and it made for an absolutely perfect afternoon with friends. Other high notes included these amazing spinach dip cups my sister made, Blue Moon cupcakes, perfect weather, getting good use out of our new corn hole games and the boys getting into an all out water hose fight at 10 o clock at night when they were supposed to be cleaning up the backyard. They were soaked and of course the girls just locked them out of the house because they were so filthy.
Elle just wanted to dive into that bucket so bad because of the ice.
A little family pic. One little girl with some sleepy eyes.
All the boys hanging out waiting on the crawfish to cook.
Aunt Annie and Elle
Sunday, I was just wiped. We went to bed at a very decent time but I was just exhausted. Kenny took Elle on an office supply and frozen yogurt date and I stopped by the Little English trunk show. I love their clothes but I will never go on the first day again. It was so crazy. Moms absolutely crazed over cute children's clothing. I still got Elle some cute things and also something for her Easter Basket. I am excited that I have actually managed to come up with some cute things for her basket because you can't buy candy. Don't worry I will be sure to blog about all her happies.

Looking forward to a very busy week and another fun filled weekend coming up. Tonight is girls night! Dinner, wine and THE HUNGER GAMES!! I am so excited!

No comments: