Thursday, March 29, 2012

IT'S ALWAYS THE EASIEST ONES


Just thought I would drop in a share a recipe with you really quick because it is so easy and Kenny L-O-V-E-D it.

I feel like I will hem and haw over a recipe and get all excited to make something new and different and maybe a little fancy and of course Kenny will thoroughly enjoy it. (at least he pretends to) But it is the simplest recipes that he just raves about and then is down right enthusiastic about eating leftovers. Because we are a leftover eating household. I usually cook 2-3 times a week and then its leftovers the other nights.

Anyway the recipe is called Bubble Up Enchiladas and I found it on Pinterest but it is originally from Recipe Diaries. This girl even nicely broke it down in Weight Watcher Points. So I love that too. I did add a can of black beans when I made it.

Bubble Up Enchiladas

1 pound lean ground turkey
1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 16 oz can reduced fat refrigerator biscuits
1 ¼ cups shredded low fat Mexican Cheese

Extra Ingredients
Green Onions, black olives, salsa, etc.
Fat Free Sour Cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown turkey and drain if needed. Mix in a can of enchilada sauce and tomato sauce. Cut the refrigerated biscuits into fourths and stir them in the meat mixture. Then you just dump it all in a greased casserole (I use 8 X 11) and bake for 25 minutes until the biscuits are cooked through. Usually I use a tooth pick to see if the biscuits are done. Take out of oven and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

Notes: Add in a can of black beans or corn (when the beef is cooking in the pan), or sprinkle with some green onions. Top with a tablespoon of fat free sour cream.

You can make into 8 servings


No comments: