Monday, March 12, 2012

WEEKEND OF BABIES AND CELEBRITY SIGHTINGS

FIRST AND FOREMOST- I AM THRILLED THAT MY BEST FRIEND SUSAN DELIVERED HER LITTLE BOY SUNDAY MORNING!! ANDREW JOHN. KENNY AND I ARE SO HAPPY FOR ANDREW AND SUSAN AND CANNOT WAIT TO MEET LITTLE JOHN IN A FEW MONTHS. CAN'T BELIEVE WE ARE ALL BECOMING MOMMIES!

On Friday, I was invited to attend the Southern Women's Show at the Agricenter by Lifetime's show The Balancing Act. I had never been to the Women's Show before and it was a lot of fun. It is basically just an opportunity to shop and sample. They have celebrity cooking demonstration and also some celebrity appearances. So Elle and I went Friday and enjoyed strolling around and looking at all the booths and meeting people. I was able to meet Charles Mattocks- The Poor Chef (he happens to be Bob Marley's nephew) and sample some chicken curry he had just whipped up that was delish.
Friday night, Kenny and I just grilled BBQ chicken (my fave) and watched In Time. Have yall seen it? I love sci-fi movies and this was an interesting concept. Plus you can't complain about watching Justin Timberlake for a couple hours.

Saturday, Kenny and I spent most of Saturday playing with Elle. That afternoon we got out to run some errands. Kenny is wanting to get Apple TV so we hit up the Apple store to go look at it. I swear their stuff is like crack. Kenny is already talking about getting the new ipad. And I am lost without my iPhone. Now we want to incorporate TV into it. After doing some window shopping we grabbed some dinner and frozen yogurt annnnnnd fell asleep on the couch ha!!

So it is no secret that I love my television right? Particularly reality television. So when I saw that Teresa Guidice from the Real Housewives was making an appearance at the Southern Women's Show on Sunday I thought it might be a fun afternoon outing for the fam (tongue in cheek) to see what she was like in person. I was given complimentary tickets so why not? So we went and ate lunch and I bought some fun drink mixes and dip mixes for the beach and river weekends and then we took a seat and waited for Teresa. Kenny was having a blast. Ha!
She really did not have a lot to say. Talked a little about her cook book and then took questions from the audience. She was very candid and did share some dish on the other housewives and behind the scenes stuff. Very thankful for a husband that will tag along for silly afternoons that include seeing someone kinda of famous just for fun.

1 comment:

Local {ATL}ast said...

The Southern Women's Show sounds right up my alley and would love to go! Glad to hear you had such a lovely weekend, celebrity sightings and all :)