Friday, March 1, 2013

STARTING FRESH

So we finally made the big move and arrived in Starkville last night! We are without Kenny for this moving weekend because he is at furniture market until Sunday. My mom and my sister are here to help though, along with four movers and a moving truck. Hopefully we will be able to handle it.

For now I am laying here in bed at 5AM despite being exhausted already because I am excited to get started.

In preparing for this move I've been thinking about all the things I want to do once we get settled in. How this move makes me feel like its a fresh start. A fresh start in decorating, a fresh start for Elle at a new preschool, (one that I worked at for three years in college) a fresh start for Kenny in his new job and my role in helping him.

It's not that our life NEEDED a fresh start just that moving to a new town gives you the chance to have one. We know lots of people who live here but who will our new friends be? Who will Elle's new friends be? Will we love living hear as much as we think we will? I mean Starkville in the Spring is the best!

So we will see, but for now I am excited. Excited to be back in Mississippi. Excited that this move let us move closer to family rather than farther away. Excited to be back in our college town. Excited to make a new condo feel like home.

Here's to a fresh start!







1 comment:

Delta Daisies said...

so excited for y'all! good luck!