Wednesday, April 13, 2016


So you may remember this picture from a while ago.  February 3 to be exact.  I was told my sesamoid bone was broken and have been in a cast or boot for months and it had not healed at all.  I switched to a foot specialist at a new orthopedic clinic where we did an MRI and found that the bone was not receiving blood and was dying.  It would never get any better so the best option was to have surgery to remove it.  So I had surgery last week to remove it.
Here it is the day I was told it was broken. 
And well here it is in a cup.  The problem bone.  The doctor came out to give this to Kenny in the waiting room.  He was so excited to show it to him so we have laughed and laughed about having it to take home. Elle thinks it is so neat and even asked if she could "pass it down to her son or daughter one day."  We just died.

I am going to just go ahead and say that this surgery has kicked my hiney and without the help of Kenny, my mom and all my friends I am not sure what I would of done.  It has been one thing after another.  I was told that I would be able to place some weight on my foot and that is just not the case. So I go between crutches and a scooter right now.  The scooter at least allows my hands to be free and to carry Walker some.  But it hurts and takes a lot of energy to maneuver.  The pain meds made me feel awful and the whole thing has just been an ordeal.  I go back to the doctor tomorrow to get my stitches removed and I am hoping that a "walking" cast will really enable me to walk!
The scooter in all it's glory.
Laid up in bed on one of the first days.
Elle and Walker have really enjoyed the scooter.
Our friend Ava brought us over a big meal on the night of the surgery with chocolate covered strawberries as dessert and Elle was obsessed.  She ate 4 or 5!
Kenny putting our sleepy baby boy to bed.  He had to do all of bed time 
each night because I can't go upstairs.
Kenny surprised Elle with a milkshake one day when he picked her up from school and she came home and crawled in bed with me to tell me about her day.  I love that sweet girl.
Walker hanging with me on the scooter on a day I must of gotten out of bed and into the shower.

My mom came in town late Thursday night to help Kenny and me.  Elle was so excited because she brought all my spring flowers for all my flower pots and Elle and my mom plant our flowers every year!
All ready to get those flowers planted!
Walker was so mad because he wanted to go outside but since 
he is still not walking we can't go let him crawl around in the dirt. 
Elle happy to be digging in the dirt!

Daddy brought Walker out for a little bit to watch.  He still wasn't a
ll that happy though because he wanted to get down.

Saturday afternoon Kenny packed because he has market this week and then he was also absolutely thrilled to be swinging through the Masters on Sunday.  My cousin and her husband gave him a pass. He has been before for practice rounds but never during the actual tournament and for it to be a Sunday.  This was a huge item on his bucket list.  He hit the road around 5:45 that evening and drove through Atlanta before stopping for the night.  Then the next morning he was up bright and early to drive into Augusta.  

He was in the gates early and hit up the gift shop with a long shopping list for us and our friends and then parked a chair on the 16th hole.  This was the best choice he could of made because for the first time ever there were THREE hole in ones on that hole! Not to mention the way the tournament play came about it ended up being a pivotal hole for the leaderboard.    He had the best day ever and it was truly a dream come true for him! He spent the night in Augusta Sunday night and was completely exhausted.  Monday morning he woke up and headed for High Point for market.  
Getting some time with his daddy's girl twin before he left for Masters and market.
Walker got in on the action and this is real life. 
Face timing with us before he went into the tournament.  They have an extremely strict no phone policy so these are the only pics I have.  Kenny did call us throughout the day to talk about everything happening on the courtesy phones the course has.  We watched the tournament all day and looked for him but never saw him on tv.

I had some new rugs that needed to be laid down in the den so Elle had the best time balancing on them while we watched the tournament.
Walker watching the tournament.  I really took this picture to highlight his super runny nose. Bleh.

Watching the final holes over dinner.  We were rooting for Jordan after Phil and Ricky did not make the cut and hated for him to have messed up the way he did.  But it was still fun to watch knowing Kenny was there getting to take it all in in person!

No comments: