Tuesday, January 24, 2017

WE ARE STILL CELEBRATING

While we did our main celebrating last weekend during Elle's birthday party, Elle's birthday wasn't for another week.  So I feel like we celebrated for a very very long time.  I have learned to appreciate birthdays more since having kids so we let the celebrations keep rolling! Kenny left Tuesday morning for market so on Monday night we all had a family dinner where I made one of Kenny's favorite easy meals and then we all had slices of birthday party cake and let Elle blow out the candles and we sang happy birthday. Side note: Walker now knows the happy birthday song because we have sung it so many times to Elle this week!
Blowing her candles out for a second time!
Hooray for cake! Walker ate all of his of course.
While we ate cake we talked to Elle about her exciting delivery story and then I pulled out the blog book to show her pictures and let her see how tiny she was.  She loved the blog book and ended up going through several of them that night. That made me happy since here I am still blogging!
Since Elle had dance camp until 5 each day I had lots of extra time with my Walker buddy.  
So I have to include a few random pictures of how cute he is.
He went to the grocery store with me so I could pick up M&M cookies for Elle's school celebration and he conned me into getting him a special train balloon.  Then the floral lady gave him a Kroger one too. He was beside himself. Loves loves balloons.
This was the next day on the way to PDO. He insisted I bring the balloons in the car.

So anytime Kenny is at market, it is always the weekends that are the hardest. And this past weekend we had zero plans and it was Elle's birthday.  So she and I discussed what she wanted to do and she requested to go Chick Fil A to play and to eat lunch and then go to Claire's to spend her gift card she got from Margaret.  Then on Sunday for her actual birthday we spent the day at home. I made a big breakfast and let Elle blow out the candles. Walker gave her presents from him which she really loved and we played and then Elle and I baked birthday cupcakes together and watched movies. It was a rainy day and low key. But of course me, Walker and Elle had cupcakes after dinner together and they were delish. Kenny was so sweet and surprised Elle with a  balloon and candy delivery that also had a cute little doll.  He had already sent flowers because he was missing her dance performance. He is so sweet to her and I am so happy that he is teaching her how a boy should treat a girl!
Told her to smile and this is what she did.  She's so funny.
Enjoying his lunch.
Ice cream after lunch and a little more playtime.
Her sweet happy from her Daddy. 
Pulling out her doll.
.
Eating her and Daddy's favorite candy that came in her delivery.

Sunday morning breakfast.  Wearing her birthday crown from 
school on Friday where she celebrated there too.
Letting Walker and I sing to her one more time!
Ready to open her presents from Walker. (I helped him pick them out.)
This picture is blurry but wanted to include it because it shows how excited she was. 
A Moana dress up outfit!
Checking it out!
Hugs for brother.
Putting the cupcake liners in the tins.
Mixing up the cake batter.
Putting the cake batter in the liners so they could go in the oven!
We let Walker try out a plain cake cupcake and he chowed down.  
I haven't found a sweet that baby doesn't like.
We watched Homeward Bound while we iced cupcakes and she loved it. She was excited in this picture because Sassy was still alive.  I love introducing her to movies I loved as a kid!

A sweet brother sister moment that I am sure passed quickly.
On our way to PDO Monday morning. Walker asked me 
to bring these two balloons from Elle's birthday delivery.

No comments: