Tuesday, February 9, 2010

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL

So as I mentioned on Friday I had a very exciting weekend planned and it did not disappoint! Friday after work Tracy and I hit the road and headed to Hattiesburg for a whirlwind visit. When we got there my mom had gotten us a king cake from Paul's Pastry and the first slice I gave to Tracy had the baby in it. So she's buying next year.

Saturday morning, Tracy and I got up and I gave her a little tour of my wonderful hometown ha! Did a little shopping and then met with our friend Rebekah at Crescent City Grill for lunch.

After lunch we swung by the house to pick up my mom and headed for Ocean Springs on the Gulf Coast to do some shopping and hanging out. It was a lot of fun to be down there because its Mardi Gras season and everything is decorated and with everyone so jazzed about the Saints game. We did some shopping and my mom and I both bought our first Christmas presents for next year. We like to plan ahead.




Ocean Springs is an adorable town and I had so much fun stopping by all the shops. Once we were finished perusing we went to a place called Manhattan Grill for drinks and light dinners. Then it was time for the Brad Paisley and Miranda Lambert concert!! Excuse the harsh lighting. I am not the biggest fan of Miranda Lambert but she was still fun. She sang a lot of her good songs. And Brad Paisley was a great time. The crowd was so amped up because of the Super Bowl and Brad was obviously going for the Saints. He played When the Saints Go Marching In and worked references of the team into several songs. It really was so much fun.

After the concert we drove home, got home late and fell into our beds. Sunday morning I had to go service at the church I grew up in and was married in. You see our pastor, Eddie (who also married Kenny and I) had made a bet with our congregation. He is a HUGE Ole Miss fan. Huge!! And he made a promise to everyone that if our congregation could put together 250 health aid kits for the people of Haiti then he would preach his sermon in a Mississippi State jersey. This was a big deal and everyone came together and ended up donating close to 600 health kits. So I was so happy when I realized he would be preaching in the MSU jersey on the Sunday I would be home. So he wore the jersey, they played the MSU fight song and someone even rang a cowbell. All for a great cause! My sister was home also so of course we had to document the occasion.After church Tracy and I were back on the road for Memphis. I had to hurry and get back to get some things together for our Mardi Gras/Saints Super Bowl party.

I walked in the door at home and started making Jambalaya and a dip to bring. I had also brought home a Praline and Cream cheese king cake to bring. I was thankful that our friends were hosting the Super Bowl party this year and they went all out. Everything was covered in Mardi Gras stuff and we had a lot of New Orleans themed food. Even beignets. It was all sooooo good!!




Kenny filling out our squares. We did not win. Oh well!!

They also had these feather Mardi Gras masks everyone so we had a to use them for a few photo ops!
And then of course.........

SAINTS WIN!!!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!!!! It really was so amazing. They played great and just made the whole entire weekend perfect. And who got a little choked up with Drew Brees and his precious little baby. I plan on watching the live Saints parade on ESPN tonight!!! Can't wait!!

(And this might be the longest post ever but I was really busy this weekend. Still exhausted)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love how the town is all decorated! Fun! Your pink coat is super cute!!

Elizabeth said...

I love the part about Eddie and MSU! I saw that on Facebook and it is PRICELESS!