Monday, February 1, 2010

ICE STORM 2010

So everyone most likely knows that Memphis was hit with a little winter weather this weekend. It only takes a little for Memphis to go crazy. I will say this was a little different than anything I've experienced since living here. The weathermen knew it was coming and by Friday all schools in the area had been cancelled. One of the many benefits of still being in school I suppose.

I still made it to work bright and early on Friday morning. And by 10 it was raining and sleeting and snowing pretty hard. We were allowed to leave early because the roads were getting bad. So since I had already made plans to eat dinner at my friends Joe and Tracy's house (they just finished renovating their kitchen which is gorgeous) we decided that Joe would just come get Lena and I and we would just have a sleepover at their house. The roads had gotten pretty bad by Friday evening and we were all happy to just hunker down. Joe cooked an awesome meal which was followed up by chocolate chip cookies! Yum!

Saturday morning when we woke up everything was just covered in ice. Not to bad, but I was nervous that the power was going to be out at my house. Luckily it wasn't. Some of friends parents were having a ice storm party so we carefully made our way over to their house and then we just hunkered down for the day. It was so nice to not have to get out and just spend the day lazing around. A bunch of our friends kids were sledding. It was relaxing and SAFE.

By Sunday, the sun was out and I was able to get into my car, which was a relief. I was able to run some errands. I do not have any big meals planned so no Menu Monday but I did go get the stuff to make Weight Watchers Broccoli and Cheese soup. Which I love. I always double the recipe so I can freeze it. Its so easy to make and so good. See recipe below!

And finally last night I watched the Grammys. I thought they were pretty good up until whoever Maxwell is performed. Loved loved Lady GaGa's performance with Elton. I also thought Beyonce rocked it! And Pink's performance was quite impressive. All in all it was a really fun awards show. Can't wait to download some of the performances tonight!

WEIGHT WATCHERS BROCCOLI AND CHEESE SOUP (1PT PER CUP)
Ingredients (this is not doubled)
3 (14 1/2 oz) cans chicken broth .
10 oz Velveeta reduced fat cheese product .
2 (1 lb) bags frozen broccoli .
1 (10 1/2 oz) can rotel brand tomatoes & green chilies

Directions
Step #1 Mix chicken broth, frozen broccoli & tomatoes & chilies together.
Step #2 Simmer for 25 mins or until veggies are tender.
Step #3 Cube Velveeta & put into soup pot.
Step #4 Simmer just until cheese is melted.

1 comment:

The Undomestic Mom said...

Your blog is too cute! Im a new follower!