Tuesday, February 23, 2010

ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN

Kenny and I have been so busy. We thoroughly enjoyed our Valentine's weekend (because I decided to celebrate all weekend). Saturday night we grilled steaks, drank wine, and played games. I bought Scattegories, Yahtzee and ......Which I have to say is a lot of fun after having had a bottle of wine. Kenny was way better than me. I am short on patience.

On actual Valentine's day we went to Majestic Grill for brunch and I love their brunch so much. For a small amount you get a decanter of orange juice, a plate of sliced oranges, and a cold bottle of champagne. You really can't beat that!! And their food is amazing. Then it was on to Jersey Boys which we both loved. If you have a chance to see this one! Go!!

This past weekend Kenny and I flew to Orlando for a little extended weekend. We flew in late Thursday and met a couple friends of ours who had flown in from Nashville.

Friday morning we were up bright and early and headed to the parks. We bought a park hopper and went to Hollywood Studios first and then Magic Kingdom. We did everything you could do at Hollywood Studios. And I made Kenny promise to never let me back on Tower of Terror. I knew I hated that ride but I thought maybe I was just exaggerating how bad it was in my mind. Nope! I cried the whole ride! I despise free falling rides. Its official.

After Hollywood Studios we hit up Magic Kingdom. The crowds were pretty bad but we hit the main spots. And then we decided that we are old. We were exhausted. So we headed home. I was horrible about taking pictures but here are a couple we took towards the end of the day. So we were already pretty worn out.




On Saturday we hit up Downtown Disney for lunch a little shopping. This was the view from the patio where we ate lunch.
It was a fabulous restaurant that had the most amazing cocktail. I am going to have to try and make it. The components were fresh strawberry juice,lime juice, tequila, and some sort of liqueur. It was soooo good. The food was awesome too.



After shopping it was back to the hotel for some Pina Coladas, cigars for the boys by the pool. Then dinner. We ate at the House of Blues because it was convenient. We were going to see the leader singer of Kenny's favorite band perform in a charity event there that night.The concert that night was a lot of fun and Kenny was in heaven getting to be in such an intimate setting with his favorite singer.

On Sunday it was time to get back to the real world. We arrived back in Memphis just in time for a thunder storm and pretty much napped the entire afternoon and evening away. But our little weekend getaway has me wanting to plan more just like it. We are starting to think about Chicago and maybe Boston.

No comments: