Thursday, December 23, 2010

30 WEEKS

Sorry for my lack of blogging this week. Haven't had to much to say and I have been trying to soak up the holiday spirit and trying to relax.

I have felt very reflective and maybe a little sad at times as we go through this season because I know it is the last one where things will be the way they are. Do you get what I am saying? DO NOT GET ME WRONG!! We are beyond thrilled and know we are so blessed to have our little girl on the way. But it has been Kenny and me for so long. And with our lives about to change so much I am just really appreciating the time we took together as a couple to just be a couple. Next Christmas will not be anything like this Christmas and I cannot wait. But until then I am just trying to enjoy every moment.

Last night Kenny and I opened our gifts to each other after a little dinner out. It was so much fun and he put so much thought into the gifts. There were even some gifts for Elle from Daddy. And we got Lena one of these from Target. Have any of yall seen these? She freaking loved it. Loved it! And this morning she was carrying around her corn on the cob. It was so cute!

Anyway, looking forward to the next few days spent with family. So here is your weekly update!!

30 Weeks

How far along?
30 weeks and 4 days. The baby weighs 3.2 lbs is 18 inches long and is the size of a head of lettuce.

Total weight gain/loss? NOT TALKING ABOUT IT! Ha! Things are fine and nothing is extreme. My doctor reassures me that I am freaking out for no reason. But...let's just say hormones making everything a little bit more dramatic and drastic feeling.

Maternity clothes? Still loving them!!

Stretch marks? Nope! Thankful for this.

Sleep? Not great. Waking up every hour and a half to go to the bathroom. Then it takes so much effort to get back into bed and then re-adjust Mr. Snoogle. I was telling Kenny that I seriously cannot believe that he does not even budge during all of this moving around. Because he has not woken up once from all the flouncing. Crazy.

Best moment last week? Just enjoying Christmas and spending more time with friends. And we got to hear Elle's strong heartbeat yesterday. She is doing great.

Movement? Lots and lots of movement.

Food cravings? No food cravings really. Have enjoyed a cup or two of eggnog.

Gender? It's a girl! Elting Caroline!

Labor signs? Lots of Braxton Hicks but no true labor signs.

Belly button in/out? I think it might officially be on its way out.

What I miss: What I miss...basically it sums up to being able to do anything without triple the effort and huffing and puffing. Everything wears me out. And we won't even get into how much it wears me out to put on tights for work everyday. It is kind of comical. Yesterday I came home from getting a manicure and had to have Kenny help me put on my maternity skinny jeans. The effort and trying not to mess up my nails made Kenny say "I think this might be a low point in our relationship." Ha! It was kind of funny.

What I am looking forward to: Spending time with family over the holidays and hopefully RELAXING!!

No comments: