Monday, February 7, 2011

WEEKEND UPDATE

Kenny and I had such a good relaxing weekend at home. Technically this was our first real weekend at the home with the baby. And it was really nice.

Friday night Kenny and Elting had their first daddy/daughter date while I went to dinner with some friends. When I was pregnant Kenny and I talked about how he was going to take Elting out on dates all the time so that they would have a good bond. So they hung out at home together and watched movies.

I went to a new Mexican restaurant called Las Delicias. This place opened while I was pregnant and everyone has just been RAVING about their margaritas with fresh squeezed lime juice and their really fresh guacamole. I went with my friend Susan and her really good friend Krista who I was so glad to finally meet because she had passed down some of her maternity things to me while I was pregnant. Let me tell you the margaritas, the guacamole and the company did not disappoint. It was so nice to get out and felt amazing to come home to my little girl.

On Saturday, I went grocery shopping. I know, sounds so mundane and boring but it once again it was nice for me to be able to get out of the house and most of all it was so nice to have my energy back and to be able to do the shopping after having to get Kenny to do it the last few months because it just wore me out to much.


Saturday night we ordered take out and watched Buried. Have yall seen this movie? We both really liked it and it had a surprise ending.

On Sunday, Kenny and I planned on having our own little Lacey family Super Bowl party since we couldn't go to any of our friends party's. So we grilled wings and made some dips and watched the game. I enjoyed it because I could hear all the commercials and actually pay attention to the game instead of talking. And apparently people hated the halftime show but I kind of enjoyed it. All in all it was a great weekend spent as a family.

And of course here are a couple pics!
She sleeps with her hands up by her face majority of the time.

Getting ready to go to her two week check up. I took her by myself today and of course there was a blizzard outside. But I managed okay. And we found out she gained more weight. She now weighs a whopping 6lbs!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Mal, She is so precious! I love the sleeping picture!

Mrs. Chip said...

I cannot believe she is two weeks old already!! And she is so so adorable!

Stephanie said...

Love her...I promise we will bring dinner oh or how about Muddy's...yes I think we'll bring cupcakes for your sweet little cupcake!!!