Tuesday, November 8, 2011

IT'S THE MOST...


Kenny and I had a great weekend. But I didn't really take any pictures and I won't bother to fill you in and all the details. I have something that is bothering me. I need to get it off my chest. Sorry if I offend anyone.

Okay look, I love Christmas as much as anyone else. Yall, I seriously love Christmas. I love everything about it. I love the music. I love the movies. I love the parties. I love the gifts. I love the shopping. I love the wrapping. I love the traditions. I love the decorations. I love the time spent with family. I love the candle light service at church. I. love. it. all.

I DO NOT LOVE THAT WE AS IN THIS COUNTRY HAVE STARTED CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS IN OCTOBER. I DO NOT LOVE THAT WE HAVE STARTED CELEBRATING IN NOVEMBER.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THANKSGIVING???????????

I like Thanksgiving. A lot actually. I like the food. I like the parade. I like the pretty fall leaves. I like the cool weather. I like watching Mississippi State beat Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl. Why is there a need to completely skip over it all and get right into Christmas? Christmas is almost two months away and already I am hearing jingle bells on commercials and there is a Christmas tree up at the grocery store. Christmas is saturating everything.

Christmas is so much fun. I get it. But I feel like we are having it forced on us far to early by retailers and it cheapens it a little. I guess that is who I am ultimately mad at. If you want to put your tree up in October and start listening to Christmas carols then that is your choice. But the commercials that make me feel anxious because I haven't finished all my Christmas shopping already just make me really angry.

Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year. I will be putting up my Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving and will start listening to my music then. Until then I will be planning my Thanksgiving menu.

1 comment:

Sky said...

Exactly! I hate that as soon as Halloween ends, people are already getting out the Christmas decorations. Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday where it's all about family and giving thanks. I won't be listening to Christmas music until after Thanksgiving!