Tuesday, November 22, 2011

THANKSGIVING WEEK IS HERE!

Kenny and I had a low key and fantastic weekend that included a Saturday afternoon date with a couples massage, mexican food, margaritas and the Mississippi State football game. Despite having lost if I could recreate that date once a month I would be a happy happy girl. We were home by six to put our little girl to bed and then were in bed early.

Sunday night I made this easy and delicious recipe from...you guessed it! Pinterest! Seriously go make it. And it is moderately healthy depending how much cheese you add.


Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake

2 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
4 cups Cooked Brown Rice
¾ cups Frozen Corn
15 ounces, fluid Can Black Beans, Drained And Rinsed
1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt (or Sour Cream)
4 ounces, fluid Can Green Chilis
½ cups Salsa
1 cup Low-fat Cheddar Cheese, Plus More For Topping
2 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro For Garnish

Preparation Instructions
Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for cilantro and mix thoroughly to combine. Make sure the yogurt and cheese are stirred in throughout the entire bowl. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Transfer to an oven-safe dish and top with extra cheese if you would like. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until heated through. Garnish with chopped cilantro.

Thanksgiving week is here! Yippee! My mom is coming into town today so we can cook and get ready for the big meal. We are having Thanksgiving at our house. I have to say, I am equally excited for leftovers on Friday while watching the LSU/Arkansas game. We are totally going for Arkansas in this house. Would love to see them sneak in and get in the championship game. We will also be trimming the tree Friday night.

Then it is on to the Egg Bowl on Saturday. I love the holidays!

1 comment:

Lauren@ Not Your Average Southern Belle said...

This looks so yummy! Its definitely on my list to try...It looks like it would be good leftover, which is always a good thing at our house. So glad y'all are cheering on my Hogs this week! I'm a wreck over this LSU game. State should take the Egg Bowl for sure :)