I heart you.
Kenny has been sick this week. So Tuesday night I decided to make him some warm soup that also might help his sinuses with a little spice. The morning while throwing the soup ingredients in the crockpot, I was on Pinterest and saw someone had pinned a recipe for Red Lobster biscuits. Kenny loves Red Lobster's biscuits. I mean, really, who doesnt. So I decided to make them to go with the soup. It seriously was one of the easiest meals I have made in a long time. So I have to share the love and the deliciousness. Here you go!
Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
1 can of rotel, 1 can of corn, can of black beans (drained & rinsed), 2 frozen chicken breasts, 8 oz cream cheese, 1 packet dry ranch dressing, 1 tablespoon cumin, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon chili powder.
Put all ingredients in crock pot and cook 6-8 hours. Shred chicken, and enjoy! I did add a can of veggie broth because I had it already and wanted it to be a "soupier" soup. I added half the can at the very beginning and then the other half at the end.
Red Lobster Biscuits
1 pack buttermilk biscuit mix (I used Bisquick, about 1 1/2cups)
1 1/2cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp oregano
3/4 tsp garlic salt
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Spray cooking sheet with non-stick spray.
2. Put biscuit mix, cheese and milk in a bowl and mix well to form a sticky dough.
3. Using spoon, drop lumps of dough onto cookie sheets 1.5in apart. Bake for 10min.
4. In a bowl, melt butter and mix with oregano and garlic salt.
5. When the timer goes off, take them out and brush with butter mixture and bake 5min at 400F and another 5-6min at 350F.