Monday, December 12, 2011

CHRISTMAS TRADITION

Kenny and I have had a tradition these past few years to take a little overnight trip to Nashville during the holiday season. We go and stay at the Opryland Hotel and see the sights and just enjoy being together. You can see our trip last year in this post. Last year's trip is one of my favorite memories of all time. The entire weekend was wonderful and then we woke up on Sunday to snow falling from the sky. We went and ate at the Loveless Cafe for breakfast and over a wonderful breakfast we watched snow fall from the windows and Christmas music was playing. I was pregnant with Elle and it was just so magical.

This Saturday we woke up and got ready to head to Nashville again. We were so excited to be able to bring Elting with us this year. Once we got into town we headed for downtown Franklin to meet some friends at Puckett's Grocery. It was delicious. Then we walked around because they were having Dickens Christmas Festival. People dress up in period costumes and walk around the streets. There are booths and people roasting chestnuts and mulling apple cider. It was all so fun.

After walking around for a while we headed to our hotel to warm up (because it was freezing) and let Elting nap. We actually decided to not stay at the Opryland Hotel this year and chose to stay in a hotel more centrally located.

Saturday night we went to a fabulous Mexican restaurant on a recommendation of a friend called Sopapillas. I had a cucumber margarita that was to die for and the food was so good. After dinner we planned to go see the lights at Opryland Hotel but instead chose to drive through the neighborhoods of Brentwood. They were having a luminary night and the lights on these homes were amazing. We drove around a for a long time just marveling at the time it took for the people to decorate like that.

Rolling around in the hotel bed Sunday morning.

Sunday morning we woke up and headed to our favorite breakfast place in the ENTIRE world! The Loveless Cafe. It was here that I finally pulled out my camera because I had neglected to take pictures all weekend.
Someone is excited about her first trip to Loveless Cafe
Daddy and Elting waiting on their breakfast.
Yum! Pancake!
My meal! I love their blueberry pancakes. And I didn't even make a dent in it. I had the leftovers for dinner Sunday night.

It was another great weekend. I am so glad we do it ever year because it really puts us in the holiday spirit. Plus having Elle with us this year just made it that much more special.

This week I will be busy putting together Christmas happies for my friends, having a Starry Nights date night, another holiday tradition with our friends Joe and Tracy and then we are doing our family Christmas Saturday morning. I can't wait for Elting to see her "Santa" gifts and to give Kenny his presents.

1 comment:

Delta Daisies said...

looks like y'all had a great time :)