Monday, December 5, 2011

HERE COMES SANTA CLAUSE

Saturday morning, Kenny and I went to Vineyard Vines for their "Breakfast with Santa" event. We thought we would let Elting have a little dry run meeting Santa and we needed to do some shopping for Christmas presents. When we arrived we went ahead and plopped Elting on jolly old St. Nick's lap.

This was the result...
Poor thing. She was TERRIFIED! Blood curdling scream. Which Kenny was like "get her, get her" and I was like "Omg! We have to have the picture." Ha. Santa's face is priceless.

But the store was so nice to print out this picture and put it on a cute card for us to keep the memory forever and ever. To me it is much more memorable than if she just sat there. Funny enough, every time she saw him or got anywhere near him for the rest of the time we were in the store she started screaming. Yikes. Maybe next time she sees Santa they will be old friends.

The rest of the day we relaxed at home and watched the SEC Championship. On Sunday we got up bright and early to rake the huge amount of leaves in our yard only for it to start raining the second we got out there. So our yard still looks like poo and I spent the day watching the Hallmark Channel, cooking, preparing materials for Christmas happies I am making and enjoying the Christmas spirit.

I cooked/baked two different recipes from Pinterest yesterday. One was awesome and one was just okay.

First I baked. I am not much of a baker. I do not have a Kitchen Aid Mixer (sad I know) and our oven doesn't cook very consistently so I always get nervous. But this Eggnog Poundcake was easy peasy and yummy if you love Eggnog like I do.And for dinner I continued my love affair with my crockpot and made Chicken and Corn Enchilada Casserole. Going to be honest. I had high hopes but to me it was just ho hum. Kind of bland and mushy.

2 comments:

JPress Designs said...

Don't forget our pop in after the Santa debacle - Elle will be terrified of beards for the rest of her life :)!

SLH said...

OMG I cannot stop laughing at Elting with Santa! That picture is priceless!