Thursday, December 22, 2011

TREATS

This year I thought it would be fun to make some homemade treats to give to friends and neighbors for Christmas. So where did I turn. Yep! Pinterest. Are you even surprised? Both of the things that I made were extremely easy to make but I tried to package them in a festive way.

Cinnamon Honey Butter - Yall! This stuff was crazy good!

( I tripled the recipe)
2 Sticks of Butter room temperature
1 Cup of Powdered Sugar
1 Cup of Honey
2 Teaspoons of cinnamon

Combine all ingredients and beat with hand mixer.
Mixing it all together
I put it into these cute little mason jars.

Then used a festive fabric to give it some Christmas spirit.


I also made easy peasy Rolo Pretzel Turtles. I love Turtles and these were so fast to make and also had the salty sweet combo I love.
Rolos
Pecan Halves
Square Pretzel

Place the rolos on the pretzels and place in oven for a few minutes until rolos are soft. Pull them out of the oven and immediately place pecan halves on rolos. I then popped them in the freezer for a few minutes to let them harden up.
Treats ready to go out to friends and neighbors. Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Joey and Kristin Lindley said...

i have made both of these treats! that cinnamin honey butter was my christmas treat last year...it was a hit with my friends. i didn't try it. i love using the mason jars. also, love the purse! good choice. hope yall have a merry christmas!

JPress Designs said...

Girl - those treats were AMAZING. They had Jonathan eating chocolate - JONATHAN! Maybe you should make some New Years treats as well...

Kendall Jones said...

I love these! Homemade gifts are the best and this butter sounds delish!