Tuesday, February 7, 2012

DATE NIGHT AND THE SUPER BOWL

Kenny and I had a fantastic relaxing weekend with a very much needed date night included. He has been out of town for almost two weeks so we were so excited that Annie was able to babysit and allow us to get some adult time.

Friday night we watched 50/50. It was good but sad. I thought I had heard people saying it was still funny despite the subject matter but I did not think it was funny at all. We did watch Rise of the Planet of the Apes on Thursday night and I thought that was a great movie!

Saturday afternoon Kenny and I hit the movie theatres to see Liam Neeson's new movie The Grey. Poor Kenny loves going to see movies and since Elle we don't get to go together as much. I told him to choose any movie he wanted to see. I am glad he chose The Grey because I love Liam Neeson and this movie was really good. Very intense and even had me crying at parts.

After the movie we hit up Interim for a delicious dinner. It was so nice to relax and just talk. We ordered a bottle of wine and the cheese plate to start and just took our time through the entire dinner. We decided that any time he goes out of town for extended period of time we need to have a date night like that one afterwards.

On Sunday we hosted a small Super Bowl get together. Very low key. I did not do a lot whole lot of food this year. I actually decided to do a New Orleans theme food-wise because the Saints should of been in the Super Bowl ha! So I made this delicious and very easy New Orleans Hot Crab Dip (recipe below) and then made a large pot of red beans and rice. It was a fun night.

I just have to add my two cents worth regarding the half time show. Although it seems I am a minority when it comes to my opinion. I don't really care for Madonna and I hated the half time show. It was just so pathetic and desperate to me. At least the game was exciting.

Here is the New Orleans Hot Crab Dip Recipe (courtesy of Pinterest)
LOUISIANA HOT CRAB DIP

1/2 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, free of shells
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
3 tablespoons minced green onions (white and green parts)
2 large garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

2. Combine all of the ingredients in a casserole dish and gently stir until thoroughly mixed. Adjust seasoning to taste. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until lightly golden on top. Serve hot.

3. Serve hot, with hot sauce on the side for those who like it spicy.

No comments: