Monday, August 7, 2017

LACEYS DO LAS VEGAS 2017

Kenny and I were able to get off to Las Vegas for a few days before he stayed for another week of furniture market. We did not go last summer and the two summers before we went with our friends Jay and Margaret. So we were excited for it to be the two of us again this time. Kenny's parents came in to stay with the kids and we left super early Saturday morning! Our travel went okay without any delays but when we got there we only received one of Kenny's bags. He was missing another one of his and mine. I had my makeup and purse and jewelry in my carry on but nothing to change into. It narrowed down what exactly we could do that day but Kenny and I still made the most of it and thoroughly enjoyed our first day. We did some shopping and ate at two of our favorite restaurants. Kenny and I laughed because I dress really warmly when I fly because I always get so cold so I was not happy with what I had on at all. It was not Vegas-y at all. But like I said we still had lots of un!
Country mouse posing in her dirty travel clothes and a cardigan!
We tried turkey necks at one of Emril Lagasse's restaurant. They were interesting.

The next morning we went down and got breakfast at our favorite little cafe downstairs at the Wynn and watched the Open on tv while we relaxed in our room. Then we made our ways down to the spa where we both relaxed in the steam room, sauna and quiet room all while watching Jordan Spieth win the big tournament and then we had the most amazing massages. It was such a wonderful morning!
The view from the lady's side of the lounge. There was a tv nearby where I got to watch Jordan!
Kenny's view from the men's side! Also watching Jordan!

After the spa we went down to the pool and had some lunch poolside and got a little sun. We didn't eat a big lunch because we knew we were going to one of our favorite restaurants that night, STK! We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner that night and then stopped at a little bar at the Cosmo for a night cap. I somehow managed to order the most disgusting cocktail in the entire world! We have laughed about it many times since the trip!
Hanging out at the pool!



Kenny taking pictures from across the table at STK.
One more cocktail at the Cosmo.

The next day and our final full day in Vegas we spent time at the pool and just relaxed all day. We had lunch at our favorite poolside restaurant at the Wynn and then ran a few errands like buying souvinirs for the kids and a thank you present for Kenny's parents. Then that night we made our way over to the Bellagio to eat at another one of my favorite restaurants Olives. After dinner we went back to room so I could pack because I had a super early flight the next morning!


Enjoying lunch at our favorite lunch spot at the Wynn.

Kenny got some divine BBQ sandwich!
Managed to get a decent picture of the two of us!
Selfie under the Bellagio glass.
Laughing at this but I also secretly love it. Some lady with a big camera came and asked to take our picture. Out of character we accepted and she spent 10 minutes making us pose in 25 different ways. Then came back with all these huge framed pictures.  I bought this one and it now sits on my vanity and makes me laugh!

While we were gone I got lots of pictures and videos all of the fun Elle and Walker were having with Gramma and Pop Pop. They went to the movies to see Despicable Me 3 and spent lots of time playing at home and being spoiled rotten!

Happies every morning from Gramma and Pop Pop.




No comments: