Wednesday, March 5, 2008

HEARTBREAKING NEWS FOR ALL DIRTY DANCERS

A lot of news outlets are reporting today that Patrick Swayze has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and only has a few weeks to live. For any girl this is awful news. What girl has not watched Dirty Dancing over and over. Even Kenny knows that the famous quote "Nobody puts Baby in a corner" is coined from the movie Dirty Dancing. I remember being little and my mom not allowing me to watch Dirty Dancing but I stole the soundtrack from my mom ( on cassette tape mind you) and listened to it on my walkman all the time.

And don't forget about Ghost. The famous pottery wheel scene. So good! I still get teary eyed. And don't all boys love Swayze in Roadhouse. Maybe not but I thought they did. I could be wrong. But Patrick Swayze has a special place in America's heart and in movie history. If and when something happens to him he will be missed.

No comments: