Monday, March 31, 2008

TIME SPENT APART

Kenny and I spent the weekend apart this weekend. He stayed in Memphis and I headed to Hattiesburg for a hair appointment. Yes I have been living in Memphis two years and still go to Hattiesburg to get my hair done. I have tried a couple places around here but I can't find anyone that will do it the way I like it and my guy John has been doing my hair for 10 years. I know that this will have to end soon.

Friday night I drove to Hattiesburg, and Kenny and some of our friends went to an event at the Memphis Zoo that I had gotten tickets for through work. It was called the Wild World of Wine and Beer and it was at the China Exhibit. It sounded like it was fun, free food, free alcohol, and a good band. From the phone calls and texts that I got later that night I think everyone had a good time. Sorry there are no pictures.

Saturday, Kenny and our friend Lowe went to go play a round of golf but they got rained out after the first hole so they left and went to their new favorite place....The Cigar Shop on Madison and smoke cigars and watched the basketball games. Doesn't that sound manly.

In Hattiesburg I went to my hair appointment and did some shopping with my sister. Nothing too major because my mom and my sister are coming up here in a couple weeks and we are doing a really big shopping trip. But I did buy some things. That night I went out to dinner with my mom. There is this great sushi place in Hattiesburg that makes fantastic sushi and its really inexpensive. I go there every time I am in Hattiesburg. I love it. We stuffed ourselves and came home and watched Enchanted. Doesn't t that sound like a perfect evening? It was.

Sunday I left pretty early and got back in time to see most of the second half of the Memphis vs. Texas slaughtering. While I am happy for Memphis I am mad because I lost my first place standing in my bracket because I had them losing to Texas. Oh well, this is the first time Memphis has been to the final four in 23 years so you can't help but get caught up in the excitement. The really fun game to watch was the Davidson vs. Kansas. We were going for Kansas because of our brackets but you could not help rooting for Davidson. You could tell they wanted it so bad. It was a pretty low key weekend. One I can appreciate with wedding season about to really get underway.

No comments: