Monday, March 10, 2008

SNOW COME.....SNOW GO

So I am sure everyone knows that it snowed a good bit here in Memphis on Friday and Friday night. I was happy because we got to leave work early because Memphis freaks out at the slightest snowflake. Friday night we just stayed inside and watched movies. But it was really coming down hard and Saturday morning we had a good accumulation and plenty to play in for a while before the sun and 60 degree weather melted it all away.

So Kenny and Lena got suited up to go play. Here they are in their matching coats.In Kenny's defense he did protest a little bit to dressing up our 70lb lab but who can resist when you have a snow jacket for your dog and then it snows! Kenny eventually took off the jacket and let her play naked because that's what man dogs do. Whatevs!

Once the snow was gone our weekend was pretty uneventful. We ran some errands during the day on Saturday and ended popping one of our tires that we had to have replaced and then yelled at some kids for throwing snowballs at our car. Yes I know you think snowballs but they were more like ice and if you had heard the noise when they hit. I got a preview of what Kenny is going to be like as a really really pissed off dad. I will have to warn our children. Just kidding, I am sure Kenny will be a great dad. Saturday night we went to dinner with Lauren and Lowe and Shelton. For dessert we headed to one of Kenny and I's favorite spots, the Cheesecake Corner. If you have never been there you have got to go. Every night they make different flavors of cheesecake and they are so delicious. Everyone but me got the chocolate and peanut butter that night. I got the sweet potato and it was one of the best slices I have ever had there.

Sunday morning we got up and did some things around the house and went to brunch. I really had my heart set on having brunch at this new place in Midtown called Cafe Eclectic.  I was so mad when we saw that it was closed.  How are you closed on Sunday if you serve breakfast?  So we went to Bosco's instead.  It was excellent and had  live entertainment.  After that we went and saw Juno.  I know we are a little behind.  But can I just tell you how amazing this movie and Ellen Page are. This movie is soooo funny. And so smart. Everything they say you want to memorize and repeat it so you can call it your own. I can't wait to see it again.

It was nice to get out of the movie and still have so much daylight left in the day. Kenny sat out on the porch and smoked a cigar while I watched Jon and Kate Plus 8 and we just had a lazy afternoon and evening. Then we ended up getting sucked into this older movie called Sleepers. It was disturbing but very good. I am definitely feeling daylights saving time though. It was hard getting up this morning with it so dark out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah old man I hit you car with a snowball. Come back and Ill do it again. While u were busy yelling at me my friends we over there getting your womans digits. You better not go out of town without her cause ten year olds can get pretty crazy. My mom says Im pretty fly with the ladies. Your lady said she would make us cobbler while we play your xbox 360. Watch out skeezer.

P.S. Nice matching outfits. My grandmother and her poodle have the same ones.