Monday, March 3, 2008

FROM ONE PLACE TO ANOTHER

Kenny and I had such a good weekend.  Friday night we met up with our friends Rebekah and Andrew Gilpin that live in Jackson. They were in town to go to the Rascal Flatts concert with Joe and Tracy. We all met up at Sauces. The food was so delicious and we had such a good time catching up with the Gilpins since we had not seen them in so long.

After stuffing ourselves they headed off to the concert and Kenny and I walked around downtown for a little while. Downtown was so packed Friday night. I heard it was because something called the Gin Show was in town. As in Cotton Gins and all the delta farmers come in town for it. I am sure there were also a lot of people in town for the concert too. But downtown was hopping. After taking our stroll we stopped by Lauren and Lowe's house so the boys could smoke a cigar and Lauren and I could chat. I had not seen her in forever. I also got to see my favorite baby, Shelton. She is in such a fun stage right now. She is standing and crawling and is so playful. I am not sure why Kenny looks like he is half asleep in this picture. Maybe it was the She-Crab soup at dinner. But isn't she adorable?!

Saturday, the weather was so gorgeous outside. It was 70 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. It just made you happy when you went outside. But Kenny did some shopping and I did some grocery shopping. I had decided to bake some cookies and was also making re stuffed potatoes for dinner that night. Saturday night we went over to our friends Denny and Jo Ann Moss, another one of our couple friends we had not seen in forever. Jo Ann and I used to spend 8 hours a day staring at each other because we worked together at Morgan Keegan and our desks were connected but then she found a new job so I have not gotten to see her as much. Sorry I did not take any pictures that night. But Denny grilled steaks and it was a very very delicious meal.

Sunday Kenny and I headed off to the Morgan Keegan tennis tournament. It was my day to be in the suite. So we got there pretty early and made sure everything was okay in there as far as the bar and the food went. Then we just watched the doubles championship and the men's championship.I did not know the two men in the finals but they were both very good and it was an exciting match.The tournament raises money for St. Jude(always a great cause) and this picture is the guy from St.Jude and the men's champion with the check. Sorry the picture is so grainy. I guess Kenny was trying to zoom in too much. After that we just went home and relaxed and watch a movie. It was such a nice weekend with the weather being so perfect and all the friends that we got to see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kenny sure does shop a lot. Hmmmmmm?