Thursday, March 20, 2008

BRACKETS ARE HARD

So March Madness started today. And since I have been dating Kenny I cannot think of one year that we have not done brackets. Since the cut off was today I filled out my bracket last night. I really try to go with my gut instinct. It's when you start researching that it gets so overwhelming.

In college, it was easier because we were paying attention to basketball so much more because we were going to games and watching different teams play. But now I just take lucky guesses. I might read the little pop ups about each team but that is pretty much all I go from. In the past Kenny has told me if I made a ridiculous choice on a game or if I had too many upsets. But ALSO in the past, those very same bad choices I had made came true and since I had changed them I lost the points. So this year I took Kenny's advice on a couple games but mostly I just stuck with my decisions.

Kenny will vouch for me that in past years I have done very well in these brackets. I have a theory that girls really do better on these because of our guessing. We might like what color jerseys they have or maybe our cousin went to Georgia so we will choose them to advance. Honestly the hardest part is not advancing your alma mater because the chance of them beating Memphis is not so good. But if I have to lose in the bracket competition to see the Bulldawgs go all the way that is something I am willing to sacrifice.

GO DAWGS!

No comments: