Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I WANT A ROYAL FAMILY

Last night before we started the movie Gone Baby Gone (which was awesome) Kenny turned the channel to this 20/20 special that was on that was called The Royal Family:Behind the Palace Walls. And I just have to tell you how interesting this show was. It followed the Queen and the Royal Family for a year and had more of a documentary style of filming. I just finished watching the rest of it while I was at home for lunch. And I am so jealous. I wish we had a royal family. I know it sounds silly but the first family(is that what you call them?) is not the same.

I think the history and tradition behind the royal family is so intriguing. This show featured all sorts aspects of how things are done for the queen and the family and how the household and their property is run.  They went behind the scenes to show us how an official dinner is prepared for, how the family jewels are kept, or how an outing that the Queen is going to make is planned.

The show featured the visit that she made to the United States this past year when she attended the Kentucky Derby and they filmed the White House all the preparations that were done for her arrival. It was funny because they showed a hotel in Virginia that the Queen was going to be staying in and they had gotten a brand new toilet for the room because they felt she deserved a new toilet.

" And then there are these two to think about.  Could not mention the Royal Family without these two.  Is it just me or is Harry getting way cuter than William.  Especially with this whole secret bravery thing Harry has got going on with sneaking into Afghanistan. I am loving the coat tails. Not something we see too much here.

No comments: