Monday, March 17, 2008

WEDDING SEASON HAS BEGUN

Kenny and I headed to Starkville for a good friend of ours Daniel Anderson's and Kristen Bland's wedding this weekend. Kenny was a groomsman. I love going to Starkville. It really is like going back to the safest and friendliest place. Whenever we go I always insist that we eat at certain places. Starkville has some of the best food. My two favorite places are The Grill, which we ate lunch at on Saturday and City Bagel which we ate lunch at on Sunday before we went home. Anyway, all of this is besides the point.

Friday we got into town and checked into our hotel. We stayed at the Hotel Chester. I have never actually stayed there until now. But I would recommend it because of location alone. We really did not drive to many places this weekend. The rehearsal dinner was at the Veranda. It was a lot of fun and the bride and groom were super nice and let the televisions stay on so everyone could watch the Mississippi State basketball game. We were in Starkville after all. The game was pretty intense with overtimes and then the tornado hit the dome and the game had to halted. Luckily we pulled out a win. After dinner, Kenny and I met up with some friends that were in town for the wedding at Mugshots. That bar has not changed a bit. It was nice though because it was spring break so it was not as crowded as it normally would of been.

Saturday we met up with Dan (the groom) and a lot of people that were in town at The Grill(my fave) I got to have the cheese sticks AND steak on a stick. It was so delicious.

The wedding that night was beautiful. They had it at the Hunter Henry center. It was a lot of fun. Once again they were really cool and let us watch the basketball game against Georgia. Unfortunately we did not win that one. But Kristen(the bride) looked beautiful. They had taken dancing lessons and their first dance was really good. It even included a huge dip with a kiss. It was quite impressive. Their band was also a lot of fun to. After the wedding, everyone went out to the Bistro. That is a bar that HAS gone through a lot of changes since I left Starkville. I had been there during football season. But I am still surprised at how different it looks.

When we got home Sunday afternoon, we were exhuasted. We napped the late afternoon away and then went to bed really early. I think we might have gotten to old for all the college town bar hopping. But it is still nice to do it every once in a while.

2 comments:

Tracy & Joe said...

talking about the food in starkville makes me hungry and also makes me really really miss starkville!!! I can't wait to go back soon!!

Anonymous said...

It's like I wasn't even there....