Wednesday, September 24, 2008

EST. 2002

Kenny and I began dating September 20, 2002. As of Saturday we have officially been together(dating,engaged, or married) for six years. The reason we know the date specifically is kind of a funny story. Maybe I will tell it you sometime but in the meantime I thought you might like to see some pictures of us throughout the six years.

This is probably one of the first pictures Kenny and I ever took together. We had been dating all of three months when he came with me to my family's lake house on Lake Lanier for Thanksgiving. We are talking my entire family and then some! He was very brave. And we still laugh about a "Meet the Parents" moment when he was staying in the loft portion of the cabin and he came out and was stumbling to the bathroom to find everyone awake downstairs, dressed, enjoying their morning coffee and breakfast and everyone looking up at him. Anyway, in this picture we were about to obviously take the kayaks out for a little stroll around the lake.

Here we are in the Bahamas on Spring Break. Don't we look like babies in this picture. We had been dating for six months or so and this time I was the brave one and went with Kenny and some of his fraternity brothers to the Bahamas. We had a really good time. Kenny wore his hair long and curly like that through most of college. It wasn't until he got into the working world that he started wearing it shorter.

This was the last night of Bonnaroo in 2002. I have to differentiate between the years because Kenny and I went to Bonnaroo three years in a row. This was my first time and Kenny's second. I was exhausted, had not had a shower in three days and not one lick of make-up on my face. However, that year of Bonnaroo was so much fun. I don't know how we survived the heat and the conditions back then. I could not do it now. But it is definitely something we will tell our kids about.

This picture is hilarious to me. This was my junior year of college and Kenny's senior year. It is a party pic from a swap between my sorority and Kenny's fraternity. The theme of the swap was White wedding. I think my dress was supposed to be a party dress and Kenny and all his friends wanted to do it up Miami Vice style. Please know that my husband does not normally wear a gold chain. A good time was had by all and our kids will probably be mortified if we ever pull this picture out.

This is a pic we took right after getting engaged. Nothing too exciting. We were just happy!


And of course I had to include one from our wedding day! We were getting ready to leave the church and threw these hats on as a joke. My family is from Atlanta. You could tell how joyful we were.


So there is a little walk down memory lane. I might have to do this again because I know I have some really fun pictures from all the time that we have been together. Six years is a long time......and as Kenny and I always say somewhere around 80 more years to go!

3 comments:

Hopsy said...

What a fun post! How did you and Kenny meet??

Stephanie said...

What a cute post! Just found your blog via Little Southern Sister.

I actually live in Atlanta, but I am transplant from the East Coast.

Can't wait to read more! I am going to add you to my blogroll if that is OK.

Courtney said...

Such a sweet, cute post! Your house is looking great. Good luck with the move- I know you can't wait to get settled.