Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I'M A BIG KID NOW! (LONG POST AHEAD)


So I am so excited that the house is done being painted. Aside from some things that we will do once we move in(like re-doing the bathroom and sprucing up the kitchen) the house is ready to move in! Kenny and I and my family are all swearing that we will never paint again! So are you ready for some before and afters! Here you go!

Here is the living room before:After:This is a different angle of the room, this is actually the dining room portion of the room. But you can see the color better and also see we painted the plantation shutters!

Here is the family room/den before:After: Its really gold because it will match some colors in our oriental rug and other furniture.

Here is the Master Bedroom before:After:
We did a very neutral color to match the furniture we already had. It is going to look really cute. Lena also made an appearance in these pictures. She likes the new house. Especially the yard!

Here is the guest bedroom before:And a few afters: This was our biggest project because of the wallpaper so I had to include some actions shots because Kenny took every bit of wall paper down himself!

Doesn't it look so much better. I have also bought new bedding from Pottery Barn from this bedroom so when I get it all dolled up I will update with another picture!

Here is the third bedroom which will be an office until a wee one comes along. We kept the color and just painted the trim. It still made such a difference! Before:After:Here is the kitchen that we will eventually redo but it is totally fine for now. We did not do anything to it but I thought you might like to see it!And no that is not a television above our sink it is a crank window. Everyone always thinks it is a tv.

Now that we are all done we have been focusing on packing the apartment that we have lived in for the last two and a half years. It is no small feat. However, it is fun to find all the wedding presents stowed away that we just did not have room for in the apartment. We are so ready to move and can't wait to be in our new home.

Last night we went and bought a fridge. We are very excited about it and feel so grown up! After lots of thinking and looking we decided to get a LG side by side. I just had not heard good thinks about the freezer on the bottom ones.
Isn't she so pretty!

And totally off topic......did anyone see Gossip Girl last night. It was the best episode so far for this season. It was so good! I can't wait for next week!

Told you it was going to be a long post!

6 comments:

Tracy & Joe said...

house looks great! can't wait to come see it in person....in what? like 2 weeks! so busy lately!!

Barbecued Peaches said...

It looks great! How exciting!

I only saw the last 20 minutes of GG last night and I'm so confused! Why is Serena all of a sudden a giant b***h?

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Lovely house! Like all of the colors you picked.

My TiVo, which has been misbehaving, finally caught GG last night. I liked it, but am confused about the unnecessary Serena-Dan fight. Then again, in high school, it probably would have made sense to me too!

Crystal and Billy said...

What a cute house!! Can't wait to see pics once you have decorated.

Love, love, loved Gossip Girl last night...looking forward to next week too!!

Betsy | Heavens to Betsy said...

Your new house is so cute. Loved GG last night but like the post-er above, I don't get why Serena and Dan had to break up in the first place?!?

Hopsy said...

Thank you for postring photos!! Your painting was well worth it and the house looks amazing! I love it both inside and out. I think your choose great colors and I cannot wait until your furniture is moved in. PS- did I ever tell you I lived in Memphis and went to St. Mary's???