Tuesday, September 9, 2008

SEASON CHANGE


What is it about a season change that makes you so happy and excited. My friend Susan and I were just talking about whether we get more excited for Spring or for Fall. I would have to say that I get the most excited about Spring, however Fall is a very close second(despite my loathing for cold weather).

There is just something to be said for cooler weather, and the beautiful colors of changing leaves. Fall just makes me want to cozy up, make some soup and watch some football. Oh yes, and college football and NFL(in our house) is a huge part of the season. I still can't believe that college football has already started. Go Dawgs! Two of my favorite holidays are during the fall season. Halloween and Thanksgiving.

Since I was a younger I was kind of obsessed with all things scary. Scary movies, scary books (R.L Stine anyone?) ghost stories, haunted houses, spooky forests. I love it all.

I love when all the horror movies come on television around Halloween. I still like to watch Charlie Brown's The Great Pumpkin. I love Halloween decorations with their pumpkins, ghouls, black cats and witches. I cannot wait to buy some cute Halloween decorations for our new house! I love Trick or Treaters. I wish people still trick or treated more often. And who can forget Halloween candy in all their bite size deliciousness!

Either way fall is about to be here and bring on the all the fantastic things that come with it: cooler weather, college football, new television shows, fall clothes, changing leaves, pumpkins and mums, fun fall decorations, and of course Halloween!

3 comments:

Insight, Insanity, Imagination said...

I'm with ya girl! I'm usually more of a spring girl myself, but this year for some reason I have SO been looking forward to fall. I keep getting in trouble about all the money I'm spending at Hobby Lobby on fall and Halloween decorations!

Hopsy said...

Though I just love spring and summer clothing, I am so thrilled fall is here! I love the food, the trees, the clothes, the fact that Christmas is so near...it is all wonderful!

TD said...

Technically I love spring because it means summer is coming - and summer is my favorite of all.

But when you just compare spring to fall.... fall is so much prettier and so much more fun!