Monday, September 15, 2008

WHEW!

So sorry my blogging absence last week. Like I have said in other posts life is going at a whirl wind pace right now. I was very busy last week with a big conference that I was doing for work. So after several mornings of waking up at four a.m and not going to bed until very late I was exhausted.

Friday night we went to sushi with some peeps for our friend Lowe's birthday and then they all wanted to see the house so we went over there for a little while. Saturday morning, I went to my first provisional volunteer shift at Repeat Boutique for Junior League. I had never been there before....have yall? It was fun and I liked looking at all the stuff that people donated. After I was done with my shift I headed over to the new house to meet Kenny. He mowed the lawn in the morning and then we painted all the doors and trim in the hallway. It seemed like a small job but it took a few hours.

Things are really coming along on the house. We still have a lot to paint. My mom and sister are coming up here this weekend to help so hopefully we will get all the bedrooms knocked out. It is just a really long process. Kenny is very excited because he is getting to buy tools. Since we have been living downtown we have not had a need for any tools. Yesterday we went to Home Depot and he bought a weedwacker and a shrub shearer, and an extension cord. He loves it! We are starting to pack things up at the apartment which is another large and overwhelming job. We are hiring movers but we are still going to try and move a lot of the smaller boxes ourselves. We move in a few weeks and we are going to the beach for one of those weeks. We have a lot to get done! Can you tell that I am a little overwhelmed right now???

Saturday night, I went over to Susan's and watched the Mississippi State game. I have to say that I am kind of embarrassed of my bulldogs. I mean really 3-2. And we lost? What was Croom thinking??? Why did we not kick a field goal! It really stunk to watch my team lose like that!

Today's weather is so nice outside. Almost a little chilly. Ooooh fall. So nice! My thoughts go out to everyone affected by Hurricane Ike. Sorry this is a random post, but, well, my life is kind of random right now!

No comments: