Tuesday, September 16, 2008

HGTV

As with everything in my life, if I am anxious about something that is happening or that is going to happen I avoid it completely.

When I was planning my wedding mind you with a wedding planner and my mother in tow. I was so anxious about it that I avoided anything that was wedding related. I did not watch wedding shows, I did not read wedding magazines, I did not bring the wedding planning up in conversation, nor did I really talk about it too much if I was asked. But once the wedding weekend went off without a single hitch, (Read: it was a perfect weekend) then all the anxiousness dissolved and I could enjoy all the wedding related things that I had been avoiding. Once the wedding was over I watched lots of wedding shows, talked to my friends about their weddings all the time, read wedding magazines. The whole nine yards.

Well this is the case with HGTV. Until now I was too anxious to watch this wonderful cable network because it made me too anxious because we wanted to buy a house. Now its the first channel I turn to when I turn on the television. It is a good channel to just have on because you can tune out for the most part and still catch all the results at the end. Some of my favorite shows include: House Hunters, Get It Sold, Property Virgins, My House is Worth What?, Deserving Designs and many many others.

Such a great channel for getting all kinds of inspirations and ideas. I already have an idea of what I want to do with our kitchen from watching the show. My mom has been addicted to this channel for years. Is this yet another sign that I am turning into her?

I guess when it is time for a wee Lacey then all the shows that have babies and children will be gone for nine months.

2 comments:

Insight, Insanity, Imagination said...

I could watch this channel for HOURS and HOURS on end. And I agree - one of the great things about it is that you can kinda tune it out while the show is on, then watch at the very end and not feel like you missed anything!

Hopsy said...

I love Property Virgins and House Hunters! HGTV is the best, well next to FoxNews of course!