Monday, September 29, 2008

MUCH NEEDED VACATION

So Kenny and I left Wednesday night and headed to Destin for our good friend's Lauren and Lowe's fabulous destination wedding. Kenny and I had been looking forward to going to the beach for a long time now. With all the stress of moving looming over us it was nice to relax and forget about everything with the new house and enjoy the absolute most beautiful weather.

We are talking not a single cloud in the sky the entire time. We barely even got into the water the entire weekend because it was so cool and there was a nice breeze. I still managed to get pretty burned, but I was in need of a little color.

The first night we were there all the boys wanted to eat all you can eat crab legs. So we went to some place that had them. I am proud to say that I managed to crack a few claws all by myself.

The day of the rehearsal dinner everyone layed out at the beach and then we had the rehearsal dinner that night. It was a lot of fun. Afterwards we all went out to Baytowne Wharf. We started out at the piano bar. It is kind of funny because there was another large group of people that were there for a bachelor party from Mississippi State so the bar was full of Bulldogs! Here are some pictures from that night!
See how red I was!

We made the piano guys drag Lowe up on stage where they then serenaded him with a very crude song.Then it was Lauren's turn. She did not want to go up there and they made her wear a silly hat! After the piano bar we moved to another bar where things got a little crazy but here are some pictures!
That is the groom in all his glory. We went home shortly after.

The day of the wedding we went to the beach for a little while and then I napped a lot of the afternoon. But adorable Shelton made an appearance. She was such a little water baby.That night they had the ceremony on the beach at sunset. Lauren looked beautiful and the ceremony was gorgeous. Afterwards they had the reception by the pool at the resort. It was so much fun.
The gorgeous bride
Inside joke. I was snatching his credit card from him. Just had to include this picture!

I promise the photographer set them up this way. Still a cute picture!

The happy couple in the cabanas. We are so happy for them and are so lucky to have them as friends. We had so much fun at their wedding and couldn't have asked for a better vacation. So much fun.

CONGRATS LAUREN AND LOWE!

3 comments:

Tracy & Joe said...

fun pictures!! You are so burnt...love the racoon eyes! ha! I'm sooo ready for our much needed vacation too!! Lauren looks so pretty too!!

Elizabeth said...

I love the green dress you wore to the wedding! Very cute. Looks like a great vacay. :)

Anonymous said...

So, I heard they had pretty good pizza down there too.....