Friday, September 5, 2008

FIGURE FRIENDLY

So as of Monday, I went back to eating better and really trying to pay attention to what I am putting into my mouth. We have a wedding in Destin in a few weeks and eating healthy can't really hurt. I find when I want to get back into eating better and better shape the low carb, low fat, no sugar works the best. (AKA South Beach). So I thought I would share some of my favorite go-to's when I am dieting!This one is a given. Everyone knows about Laughing Cow cheese by now. There are so many ways to use this wonderful spread. If you don't believe me click on the link for Hungry Girl on the side of my blog. But they have recently come out with some new flavors like French Onion and Garlic and Herb. Very tasty!This dressing is a brand new find and it is so delicious. I love the flavor of Sesame and this dressing has real sesame seeds in the dressing along with being sweet, but not overpowering. I had this with a salmon and spinach salad yesterday and it was soo good!This stuff is my friend in a big way. While I love all of these sugar free fat free flavors like chocolate fudge, pistachio, white chocolate, and cheesecake, Banana Cream is by far my fave. Banana Puddin is one of my all time favorite desserts. I L-O-V-E it! So whip some of this stuff up and put a little light whipped cream it is close to the real thing. At least when you haven't had any sugar for the last week or so.And while this might not be really part of my favorite diet foods, this is my favorite soup in the whole entire world. I would not mind if Campbell's would just drop a crate of it at my house. This is the only soup I eat these days and I have to have it at my house at all times. If I start to get low I restock immediately. For a few weeks I panicked because I could only find this soup in its newest yucky version of Special Harvest or something like that. I tried it and it was not good. Luckily I am still finding it on the shelves. If they ever discontinue it I will be very upset!

3 comments:

Tracy & Joe said...

I think I need someone to monitor everything I put in my mouth! I swear, I'm not disciplined enough for diet food! I have such good intentions, but never follow through....

Barbecued Peaches said...

I'm doing the same thing! I'm in a wedding in a couple of weeks....let's just say I'm glad I bought the size up in my dress LAST November! I'm mad I've been so slack. I love the laughing cow wedges! I think I'm cutting down on carbs too...that seems to be my go-to strategy when I have a big event. That, and drinking water! And now...I'm hitting the treadmill!

Hopsy said...

I just love Laughin Cow anything and it is a big go-to for me too. That dressing you featured sounds great and I am going to give it a try!