Monday, November 22, 2010

THE SEASON IS OVER

So this past weekend was our last home football game and Kenny and I's last weekend in Starkville. We rented a house with a bunch of friends and piled in there like sardines. It was fun hanging out with everyone.

I have to say I am a little relieved this was our last game for the year. Football season has kept us so incredibly busy and the constant going out town has started getting a little hard. I am ready to be at home for a few weekends and just do nothing. I am thinking that this will be a possibility in January. However, I have loved every single minute of this fall and all the games!

So who watched the game? What a heart breaker right? It was so much fun being there. A few seasons back Mississippi State would not have been able to come back from a 10 point lead. But we did and then the overtimes! Oh the overtimes! We had so many chances to pull out the win. I mean the kicker missed a 20 yard field goal. But in the end it just wasn't in the cards for us. I actually wasn't that sad about the loss because our season has been so good and we played so well! Arkansas just played better.
Now its time to beat the Black Bears and then onto our bowl game!

REASONS WHY I LOVED THE BULLDOG FOOTBALL SEASON
1. Getting to see Mississippi State fans care about our football program! Everyone stays for the games and are so pumped up! I am so exhausted after every game from cheering and ringing my legal cowbell. Thank you Dan Mullen for turning our program around!

2. Being ranked for most of the season! Even after our loss against Arkansas we are still in the polls.(barely) But we are there.

3. Getting to see my friends every weekend and people you might not see otherwise and spending time with them. Tailgating=fun!

4. Going to have to put this one on here but getting to eat at all my favorite Starkville restaurants like City Bagel and the Grill. I hope to make it to Restaurant Tyler for basketball season. But there was not a single weekend we were in Starkville where we did not eat at City Bagel at least once if not more!

5. The weather for every single football game was amazing. No rain, no clouds and not even to cold!

6. Spending time with Kenny. The car rides down there. And then our seats were separate from everyone elses during the game. So it would just be him and me sitting together during the game and we would talk about the game and people watch. It was just so much fun doing it all with him and I loved the time together. Especially since it might become a rarity for a little bit in the future.

On Sunday, we rode home with our friends and I slept the afternoon away. Then last night Kenny decided to set up Elle's new swing we bought her. He was so proud and excited! The boy is starting to love him some baby gear!

Umm so it is Thanksgiving this week! Get excited!!

No comments: