Monday, November 1, 2010

THIS TIME OF YEAR

So I know that I am not the only one who is flabbergasted that it is November already. Where has this year gone? I am sure that it has been flying by even more with the baby preparations and then all the football games!

So this weekend I sent Kenny off for his birthday with his guy friends to see his favorite band and I headed to Starkville (yes again!) to see the Bulldogs play the Kentucky Wildcats. There were a ton of people coming in town for this game and my friends and I had a big tailgate planned. SO MUCH FOOD is all I can say. I made Pioneer Woman's Bacon Appetizers
Holiday Bacon Appetizers

And I also made these
Mini Hot Ham and Swiss Sandwiches
The sandwiches were amazing and I want to eat them every day. The cracker and bacon recipe would be really good but I think I kind of overcooked mine a smidge.

So we tailgated all day and then watched the Bulldogs defeat the Wildcats in an extremely intense game where we had horrible referees. But once again a win is a win and I am thrilled for my team!

Sunday, I came home and slept all day. Went to bed early last night and am feeling somewhat refreshed this morning after the big weekend.

I am happy for the next two weekends we have family coming in town but we are staying home and hoping to keep the visits low key. I need some down time. Before I know it I will be playing all my Christmas music!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I have never heard of those bacon wraps!! I think I will try to make them, they look delicious! I just have to find a substitute for the toppables, because they don't sell those here!