Wednesday, November 3, 2010

RECIPE SHARING

So I had seen this recipe several times on other people's blogs and thought it looked good and pretty easy for a weeknight meal. So last night I made it for dinner. This is courtesy of Paula Deen so it is not very healthy but just watch your serving sizes if you are to worried about it.

I felt I needed to share because Kenny said after he was done that it was in his top ten of favorite meals I have made. The only problem is he likes everything I cook and I think he may have said this far more than ten times. So we decided that we actually need to write down some of his favorite meals. I like to cook so much that we rarely eat the same thing so it is hard to remember which ones really stand out as needing to be repeated.


Shrimp and Wild Rice Casserole
I bought two boxes of wild rice so I doubled this recipe with no problem. It made a lot. I filled up a 9X11 dish and we have half of it for left overs tomorrow night. So yay!

Ingredients
  • 1 (8-ounce) package wild rice
  • 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 1 (10 3/4-ounce can) condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 2 cups grated sharp Cheddar
  • Salt and pepper

Directions

Cook the rice according to package directions minus 1/4 cup water. Drain and cool.

Bring 2 cups water and 1/2 tablespoon salt to a boil in a mediumsaucepan and cook the shrimp for 1 minute. Drain immediately and set aside.

Heat the butter in saucepan and saute the pepper and onion until soft, about 5 minutes.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

In a large bowl, combine the rice, soup, 1 1/2 cups of cheese,shrimp and vegetables. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well. Spray a 9-inch square aluminum cake pan or an 11 by 7-inch glasscasserole dish with vegetable spray. Place the mixture in the pan and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly.


1 comment:

Marian said...

This recipe sounds delicious! I'm definitely going to try it. Thanks for sharing!!