Tuesday, November 9, 2010

WHERE I'VE BEEN SHOPPIN

Oh the glamorous life of pregnancy and maternity clothes. Don't get me wrong, I am extremely appreciative of the oh so comfy clothes. And as much as I fought it in the beginning the maternity clothes end up being more flattering than trying to squeeze yourself into your normal clothes. When you squeeze yourself into your normal clothes you look fat and feel squished.

But it is frustrating to know that you will only wear these clothes for such a small amount of time in the grand scheme of things. So because of that I have been very conscious of how much I spend on these clothes. I ended up buying a lot of dresses because I LOVE dresses and they are more versatile for work and for social outings.

The website I have bought the most from is Destination Maternity. This website is great because it carries clothes from the more popular places you have probably heard of like Motherhood and Pea In The Pod and also designers. Here are some of my favorite things that I have purchased and in my opinion are ridiculously affordable!


You might recognize this one from the one and only belly pic I posted on here.

This one is so comfy and when I get it to Starkville can be passed off as maroon on game day! Win win situation there!

And I am so excited about this one. I plan on wearing it to our last home football game and maybe pairing it with some purple tights for Thanksgiving Day and boots. It is brown corduroy and so flattering!
This is only a few of the dresses I have bought and I seriously don't think that I have paid more than $50 for any of them. I also got a great little tunic from this website that I pair with black leggings and it can be dressed up or down.

For jeans I decided not to buy designer and ended up buying a pair of maternity skinny jeans from The Gap.


I also purchased a simple black pair of work pants from Target that are so comfortable and very professional along with some simple white t-shirts to wear under sweaters and jackets. My friend Mollie gave me some things from when she is pregnant and then I have just been adding pieces from places like Old Navy and Gap. I haven't really had that "what am I going to wear" issue because the things that I have been buying are so affordable and versatile and I usually buy a couple new things every few weeks. And I will always have the wardrobe for future children because most of them are not too season specific.

No comments: