Monday, November 29, 2010

GOBBLE GOBBLE

Kenny and I got home last night from an amazing Thanksgiving weekend. It was exactly what we needed minus the long car drive there in back with the rest of the country's population. Wednesday night, after work, we made our way to my family's lake house outside of Atlanta. It is on Lake Lanier. We got there at 2:30 am and fell into bed!

Then it was Turkey Day! My brother, sister and law and nephews came. My cousins both got married this past year and it was nice to hang out with everyone and their husbands. My aunt and uncles extended family were in town to. There were about 20 of us total! It was a big family Thanksgiving and my aunt and her sister did such a fabulous job hosting everyone. I ACTUALLY have a few pictures. And then...my camera died. We have got to get a new camera pronto!
The fabulous table settings for the big dinner. We ate on the main floor's porch overlooking the lake. The sun even came out for the event eventually. It really was so nice.

The porch fireplace. So nice to sit outside next to the fire!


My Aunt Pam greeted me with a little arrangement for my bedside table in honor of Elle.




There was a rousing came of corn hole going on the lower porch with my nephews.

The Elting family (my aunt, uncle and cousins) also have a tradition of skeet shooting every Thanksgiving so we all loaded up to shoot some skeet. I have to say my husband was one of the best and definitely held his own out there. Plus he looked pretty cute doing it! I told him I needed to send him bird hunting!

And this would be my mother and husband in competition.

And that is where the camera died. But dinner was amazing. And I have to say one of the best I have had in years because we all chose not to eat on any hors d' oeuvres before dinner and I was not full before sitting down. In fact, I was starving and because of that I loved every bit of that caloric gluttony!

The rest of the weekend was pure enjoyment. My cousins and their husband's had to head back to Atlanta to do some things so the crowd was smaller. And we pretty much watched football at the house next to a huge fire and ate our way through the weekend. Kenny and I were so thrilled to be able to relax. We had not been able to in so long.

On Saturday, we went to a sports bar in a nearby town to watch the LSU/Arkansas game and to have some wings and draft beers. That helped our small case of cabin fever and then it was back to the lake house to watch my

MISSISSIPPI STATE BULLDOGS DEFEAT THE OLE MISS BLACK BEARS AND TAKE HOME THIS!!!
It really was the perfect way to end the weekend!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Sooo jealous of the lake house!! It looks soo gorgeous!! That is great that you got to eat outside!!

Looks like you had a great weekend!!

Kendall Jones said...

Love the tablesetting! Looks like a great place to spend the holiday!

a girl and a pearl. said...

Looks like so much fun and you are absolutely glowing! Congrats (a tad early) on your family addition!