Tuesday, November 16, 2010

WEEKEND RECAP

We had such a crazy weekend! And I know I promised pictures of the nursery but our camera is not working and well the camera phone isn't doing the room justice. So all in good time! I promise. Plus I need to add some personal touches. We hung some shelves and they need to be accessorized and my friend Susan at J Press Designs is designing some customized artwork to hang over the crib and we need some cute lamps because the overhead lighting is horrible! I despise overhead lighting!! So there is still a little left to do!

I will show you this picture of the armoire that was mine and my mother's as a child! Isn't it cute.... I love the color with the gray and we are putting baskets in it for organization and I will also keep all of the books in it that my mom brought up from when I was a little girl. I love books and was so excited to see all my favorites that we will read to Elle.
Friday my mom got into town and we got to work covering/upholstering the valances for the windows that we had made. And I was dying for some Mexican so we all went out for some chips and cheese dip after a trip to Lowes. Why is it when you just want to run into Lowes it always turns into at least an hour trip! Ugg! The Mexican food was delicious anyway!

Saturday morning Kenny and I both woke up early! The weather was horrible but he had a golf lesson scheduled and my mom and I had a ton of errands to run. I hugged and kissed him goodbye and told him I was getting in the shower. I was about to get out the shower when my mom knocked on the door and told me that Kenny had been in a car accident. He was okay but needed me to run an up to date insurance card to the accident.

And now for my PSA: You might have heard that most car accidents happen with 1-2 miles of your house. This is 100% true for every accident I have EVER had (which might be up to a total of 3 or 4). And was true for this one too. My husband travels to see clients for a living every single day. He has never gotten into an accident until now and he was less than .5 a mile from our house. Always, always, always put on your seat belt even if you are just running somewhere that is close by.

Anyway, the lady that hit Kenny has good insurance and the car is already in the shop. But you can imagine that I looked a mess when I arrived at the scene of the accident with wet hair, a long sleeve tshirt that was entirely too small for the preggy belly, sweat pants and Uggs all in a panic! He grabbed the information and told me I could wait at home. Ha!

After all the excitement Kenny managed to still get to his golf lesson that he rescheduled and my mom and I ran a ton of errands and got so much accomplished. Then we met my sister who had just taken her Praxis for grad school for pedicures. They were heavenly and I think we all needed some pampering by this point.

That night we cheered on our Bulldogs while they played Alabama despite the beating! I love them anyway and then watched Post Grad. Terrible movie by the way. And it had so many famous people in it.

Sunday, Kenny and I had not seen a movie in FOOOOOREEEEVER so we went to see Due Date. We get all settled in with our popcorn and drinks and our smuggled movie candy (because seriously $3 for a box of candy) and they come tell us the projector wasn't working. Boo! But they refunded our money and gave us two free movie passes so I can't complain to much. And we sure did take that popcorn home and eat it anyway! Ha! That afternoon we went over to some friends house to cook out and hang out around their fire pit. It was so fun and I was loving the cooler weather.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Love the armoire!! Too bad about the accident, but at least everyone is ok!