Thursday, November 4, 2010

23 WEEKS

23 WEEKS

How far along? 23 weeks and 4 days. The baby weighs 1.5 lbs and is the size of an ear of corn. These food comparisons are crazy. One week my baby is big and fat like a spaghetti squash and now it is tall and thin like corn. I think the people who made these up reached a bit far for these comparisons. Oh well. We will go with it.

Total weight gain/loss? Not getting on the scale anymore at home. We will just be getting our weight updates at the doc's office. I don't feel like being depressed or stressed about it on a daily/weekly basis. It is going to happen regardless so why worry about it.

Maternity clothes? Still loving them!!

Stretch marks? Nope! Thankful for this.

Sleep? Sleeping pretty good except for when my arms go numb from sleeping on my side and then my fingers swell up. This morning I was up at 5:30 and couldn't go back to sleep so I watched the end of Heart and Souls where he helps the two ladies do their ghostly life tasks. I cried. After watching five minutes of the ending of the movie. I really love that movie.

Best moment last week? Last week was good. Got to hear a good strong heartbeat from our little girl and got to see some good friends in Starkville. And of course the Bulldogs won again! 7-2!

Movement? Lots and lots of movement. I love it. She has gotten to where now I think I can feel her elbows or feet or knees poking out of me. It is weird.

Food cravings? Orange flavored drinks which I am quenching with Crystal Light orange bottle packets. Other than that no really big cravings.

Gender? It's a girl! Elle Caroline!

Labor signs? No. I wouldn't know if I was. Ha!

Belly button in/out? In......for now.

What I miss: Breathing! The last couple weeks I have had shortness of breath like can't breath when I eat or even sitting still. Kenny says I sound like a 400 lb woman when I eat sometimes because of the breathing sounds I make. I know he says this with love though. Showers just wear me out. I shave my legs every single day and I am worn out by the time I get out of the shower. Whew!

What I am looking forward to: Kenny's parents are coming in town this weekend and we have a nice low key weekend planned. And then next weekend my mom comes in town and by the time she leaves we will have the nursery pretty much done! She is bringing the window valances, the custom pillows, the armoire and a ton of other stuff for the baby and the nursery and I cannot wait!


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I think it's time for a new belly shot, missy... ;)