Monday, January 31, 2011

35 WEEK UPDATE-SURPRISE!!!

Sorry I am a little late on my 35 week update. Things have been completely crazy in the Lacey household because we had a BABY!!!!!!

Yes she came a wee bit early. And indeed she is a wee little thing but she is completely precious. And because I am about to bore you with all the details and I know you want to see this sweet girl then I will go ahead and give you a picture.

Elting Caroline Lacey
Born 5lbs 9 oz and 18 inches






Warning: This will be long and wordy but blogs are for memories and I plan on making the pregnancy and newborn portion of this blog into a book. So oh well!

Its very safe to say that we were not expecting an early arrival. I felt like I would be praying for the baby to come at 41 weeks. And to understand how unexpected it was you have to know that Kenny was in Las Vegas when my water broke!

I don't tell the blog world when my husband is out of town because its not safe but he was out of town that week. He had been out of town the entire week already and was not even supposed to be back until the next week. So Friday night I went to sushi with the sis and then we came back to my house and watched a movie. My sister left and I got into bed to watch TV. Since Las Vegas is a couple hours behind I texted Kenny around 12:20 to see what he was up to and then kind of dozed off. At 12:42 lets just say....I was awake! I called Kenny and calmy told him that I thought my water had broken and that I was going to call him back after I called my other friend Mollie who is a mom to see if she agreed. Found out later both Mollie and Kenny and his friends thought it was a strong possibility that I had peed myself.

Mollie knowing Kenny was out of town picks up the phone immediately and says "Are you okay?" Its 1am at this point and she comes over to the house to take me to the hospital. When she got to the house I was literally running around the house half-dressed talking jibberish. She had to get Kenny on the phone and tell him to get to the airport NOW!!!

Over in Las Vegas Kenny and his friends are running around the hotel literally throwing suits on hanger and stuffing everything into his suitcase. From the time I called him to tell him my water broke to the time he was at the airport getting on a flight was a little over half an hour. Those boys helping him get to the airport turned out to be EXTREMELY important because if he had missed that flight he would of missed the birth of Elle. Huge deal!

Once Mollie and I got to the hospital and confirmed that my water had broken they admitted me and told me that I was not leaving the hospital that day without a baby. Major freak out moment. They got me into a hospital bed and that was really the first time I even felt the slightest of contractions. It was crazy. My sister joined Mollie and I at the hospital and once I heard that Kenny had made his flight and as long as I did not have the baby extremely fast he was going to make it to her birth I relaxed a good bit.

Won't give you every detail but I felt my contractions and they were painful and when they checked me I was only 2cm. I figured why let them get any worse. So I got my epidural. It didn't hurt as much as I thought it would and from there it was smooth sailing. My mom arrived in town after my sister and I had to call her 30 times to get her to wake up around 7:30 am and Kenny flew into town and arrived at the hospital around 9:00. I was sooo relieved to see him!

They checked me again and I was 4cm and started pitocin. A couple hours later the doctor who was going to deliver Elting came in and told me that since she was not 36 weeks yet that she would most likely have to go to the NICU right after she was born to be observed. I was really upset about this but had no time to really worry about it because the doctor checked me again and I was 9cm and a half hour later it was time to push.

Umm so can I just say that epidurals are positively wonderful and I actually enjoyed the whole labor and delivery process. I decided I just wanted Kenny and I in the room and that was the right decision for us. The delivery did not last long and soon our precious little girl was on my chest and looking at me. It was amazing!

Stay tuned because I am going to break our first week with our little girl up into a few posts just because it has been a whirlwind and this is already a pretty long post! But Kenny and I are so thrilled and cannot believe how you can love something so much your heart hurts. Here are some pictures from that day. More to come from the past week soon!!











13 comments:

Claire Gillentine said...

Congrats Mallory! So excited and happy for you all.

Claire

Mrs. Lopez said...

Oh my gosh what a suprise! I'm so glad your husband made it in time and your daughter is beautiful! Congrats!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

What a sweetie, congratulations!

Ashley said...

Congrats!! She is sooo precious!!! I hope all is well!!

Melissa said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations!

Elizabeth said...

She's precious! Congrats! Hope y'all are settling in as a family of three. :)

elise said...

O My Gosh Mallory, Soooo excited for yall!, She's a little doll! So glad everything went smoothly!

The Durbins said...

She is adorable! I am so happy for y'all!! Let me know if you need anything.

Sara Beth Green said...

SO happy for you and Kenny! She is just beautiful.

SouthernBelleJM said...

She's so precious:)

Taylor, Kellie, Morgan, Millie, and Mary Phillips said...

She's precious! Congrats to all of you and enjoy cuddling with your sweet baby!

Courtney said...

She is absolutely beautiful. Congrats.

katie ray said...

congratulations mallory! what a wonderful adventure! glad to see you are doing well:)