Monday, January 3, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR

SO PROUD OF MY BULLDOGS!!
(and might I add Dan Mullen looks so cute in this picture)

Kenny and I had a wonderful relaxing weekend at home. I actually am feeling rested and pretty good this this morning. On Friday, I had to work and we both decided at the last minute to cancel our dinner reservations and to also not go over to a friends house for the night. We both just wanted to stay home. Kenny had been out of town all week and I was exhausted.

Friday afternoon I sent Kenny(who doesn't normally do the grocery shopping) to the grocery store with a HUGE list. On top of groceries we needed a ton of household stuff to. He was there a REALLY REALLY long time but he came back with a new appreciation of the chore I think. When I asked him what the hardest thing to find was he told me elbow macaroni. That cracks me up. I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate him doing it all though. He came back in town from working hard all week to tackle a huge to-do list for me and I couldn't be more pleased with everything we got done.

So Friday night for New Years we ordered in food, watched a movie and then watched the ball drop while I sipped on Sparkling Grape Juice. It really was heavenly.

On Saturday Kenny and I did a big lunch for the Gator Bowl. I had bought a big honey ham and made homemade mac and cheese and sauteed green beans and bread pudding for dessert. It was all so good! My mom and sis came over along with a friend of ours. I was so mad when all the Game Day announcers picked Michigan to win. But poo poo on them! We beat the tar out of that team! 52-14. Saturday night we watched The Town which was so good. I definitely recommend it!

Sunday was just more relaxing and getting some stuff done. The nursery is near completion and I cannot wait to show you pictures and we de-Christmased our house.

So I realize this blog post is totally boring. We sound like fuddy duddies. But I am okay with that. Sometimes you realize you are at a point in your life where you just need to relax and not go go go all the time.

Looking back over the last year we had an extremely busy and fun year that got kind of crazy at times (Hello! The whole month of May!) so I find it only appropriate that we rang in the New Year with each other and in a low key way. Lord knows our life will be in a tailspin in a few weeks.

No comments: