Wednesday, January 19, 2011

NURSERY REVEAL!!

Well I finally have the nursery finished enough to show you some pictures! Are you excited!

I have to start off by saying at first I had a really hard time deciding which direction I wanted to go in for the nursery. So I started pulling inspiration photos into a folder on my computer and I noticed that I liked really calm and serene(maybe even a little quirky) nurseries. I tend to lean towards things that look more adult rooms also. I finally found one nursery that I just loved and decided to go with that nursery and just copy some of the details. Now I look back at the nursery and think mine looks nothing like that but the inspiration was what mattered. Two of the websites that I stalked for nursery ideas and still go to for other things are Spearmint Baby and Apartment Therapy Ohdeedoh (the children's section).

I also made a pretty big decision in that I decided not to do any bedding. I loved some stuff at Serena and Lily but it was expensive and besides that I couldn't find anything that I could commit to. Plus the bumper pad debate...I dunno, I decided to just go with doing different colored sheets. Which I have yet to purchase so you won't see those in these pictures. And finally we needed to have a bed of some sort in that room. So while daybeds aren't my fave piece of furniture it just made sense in this room. The nursery took our guest room and I wanted to have somewhere for someone else to sleep. Plus I can sleep in there if the baby is being fussy and Kenny needs to sleep so he can work. Win Win!

Alright I know you could probably care less about all of that! So here we go! Pictures!!



I ordered custom fabrics from an amazing website called Spoonflower and had the pillows made and my mom and I covered the valances ourselves. Also the baskets underneath the bed offer storage for receiving blankets, diapers, wipes, bibs etc. etc. And yes those are Labrador retrievers in the front in honor of our first born.

Our very simple crib sans sheets. Got to buy some sheets for the babe!

Artwork custom designed by you will never guess!! J Press Designs and I absolutely love it! I framed it in shadow boxes and matted it with burlap. I had found an inspiration picture and was so exhausted by scouring Etsy and not finding anything I liked. I told her to just do whatever she wanted and it turned out perfect! She named it Elting's Forest and I love it because if you look closer then you find birds and owls and other creatures in the limbs of the trees. You can click here to go to J Press's Etsy site for a closer look!

This armoire was mine as a little girl AND my mothers. I am so happy that it worked in Elting's nursery and will be passed down again. All the books are from my sister and I's collection growing up plus the shower. My parents read to us all the time and I cannot wait to read to Elting!
And of course we needed a rocking chair. I found the cute little owl pillow from a seller on Etsy and the bag hanging will be my diaper bag also from Etsy. I plan to do a separate post on that later because I love it so much! I am waiting for my matching accessories to come in!

A parting shot of her very pink and full closet! My mom hit up a huge consignment sale in Hattiesburg and got so many cute things on top of bringing me all the cute little smocked outfits from when my sister and I were babies. So glad she held on to everything she did and then so glad I am having a girl!

4 comments:

Mrs. Lopez said...

Love the white crib! I went back and forth forever on getting white furniture. I also love the dog pillows!

Melissa said...

I love that armoire! Everything is coming together and looks great!

Melissa said...

Very pretty and I love that you didn't go the traditional route of pink walls! My baby-to-be is a boy, but if I had a girl, I was going to try to do something different too! :)

Mrs. Chip said...

I love it!! It really is so pretty - and I love the bed without bedding. It really makes the bed look crisp and modern. So cute! Great job, Mallory!