Thursday, August 16, 2012

GO SHORTY!


It's my birthday!

And yes it is only appropriate that I pulled out that blog title circa 2004. Because I am getting old yo! I mean really...can you believe that song came out 8 years ago!!


Today I treated myself to a little manicure and pedicure while Elle was at school.  While I was there I was eavesdropping listening to these two cute girls talk about leaving for college this weekend. They were talking about how they were decorating their dorm rooms and how they hoped their parents wouldn't draw out their goodbyes and hang around too long. While their extremely naive conversation made me smile I longed just a little bit that it could be me again.

But then no I don't.  Today I am 29 years old. One more year until 30!  Honestly my 20's have not flown by. My 20's have brought a lot of change. In the last 10 years I have finished college, moved to another state, gotten married, moved in with a man, worked at a job that I really liked, bought a house,  had a baby, worked through a little postpartum something or other, really became a mommy, found out who my true friends are, became a better friend and watched some of those friends have babies too. Phew!

This past year might be the best year I have ever had.  I love Elle soooo incredibly much and my heart has truly changed being a mother to her and watching Kenny be the absolute best father to her. Kenny and I have spent time together traveling just the two of us.  Something that we are so blessed to be able to do thanks to my sister and our parents. I feel like we have hit a comfortable spot in this whole married parenting thing and I think about how happy I am on a daily basis. Tomorrow, everything could be sent into a tailspin.  But today, I will spend the afternoon with Elle and spend the evening with girlfriends over drinks and dinner on a patio. A perfect ending and a perfect start to this year.

Edited to add: I celebrated my birthday with Kenny and Elle the last two nights when we travelled to Tupelo the last two days. Kenny is there for furniture market so while we are able to, we like to visit him when we can.  He treated me to a great dinner and gifted me with a watch that I have been wanting but completely forgot that I wanted.  Didn't want you to think that I was leaving him out in my celebration!

No comments: