Monday, August 6, 2012


That's right.  We spent most of the weekend in our pajamas.  Kind of boring I know but it was actually really nice. It is so hard to tear ourselves away from the Olympic coverage and it is giving us the ultimate excuse to be lazy. That, and the worst night of sleep I have had since Elle was born.  More on that later.

Friday night we just cooked dinner and did our nightly routine with Elle which always includes bath time, teeth brushing, story time and night night. 
 Somebody was looking extra sweet all squeaky clean and wrapped up in her towel.
 Bath time is kind of Kenny and Elle's things.  He spends a lot of time with her playing in the tub and they listen to music. 

Saturday morning we hung out in our pajamas and then Aunt Annie came over to spend some time with Elle while Kenny and I had a day date.  We went to see Ted, which was hilarious and kind of sad all at the same time.  I am embarrassed to say I actually cried.  I am a sap.  After the movie we went for what we call a Linner, late lunch, early dinner.  
 Someone loves her grocery cart.

After Elle ate dinner that night we all went out for some frozen yogurt.  The place we like to go happens to be next to the restaurant that serves my favorite meal in the entire world.  I asked Kenny if he knew what that meal was (wife quiz) and he couldn't remember.  I started giving him a hard time about it.  He claimed that if he could see the menu he would definitely be able to pick out my favorite meal.  No such luck.  I had to give him all sorts of clues and eventually narrow it down to a very small section of the menu.  He finally guessed picked the right meal and we continued on to the yogurt shop. Just had to include the picture because I thought it was funny.   I would never pick on him if he wasn't such a great husband and not remembering my favorite meal is a pretty low offense.
 Kenny swearing he knows my favorite meal.
 Elle really enjoys a yogurt outing.
 What  a "girl" dad.  This is how we keep up with her bows in our house. Ha!

Oh my goodness was Saturday night awful.  I think I seriously got zero sleep.  Elle is cutting her top molars and she isn't sleeping.  Around 12:30 am after she had already woken up several times I decided to bring her into our bed. Only the second time I have done this.  I try to go back to sleep and I wake up to her sitting up in bed playing with my hair and crawling around the bed.  In kind of a delirious state I turn on cartoons thinking she will fall asleep watching them.  As soon as I saw how excited she was about the cartoons at 3:30 in the morning I knew that was a mistake and decided to put her back in her crib.  She threw the biggest fit and cried and cried.  I felt so bad.  She finally wiped out and woke up an hour later ready for the day.  Needless to say, Kenny and I were exhausted and we all pretty much stayed in our pajamas all day. Kenny cooked us a big breakfast and we watched the Olympics.

I did get out to make a trip to Walgreens to buy pain reliever, teething tablets and orajel.  She had to sleep better because I choose to be the only one to wake up with her on weeknights because Kenny doesn't need to work/drive tired. I am writing this Sunday night and my fingers are majorly crossed that it all works!!!

UPDATE: Thrilled to report that after a dose of ibuprofen, some teething tablets and some orajel all before bed, Elle fell peacefully asleep.  She might of stirred a little bit but I did not have to wake up once! Hooray! I think we are both feeling much better today!
 Cuddling on the sofa in front of the tube.  No shame on this tired tired day.
Coloring with Daddy.

No comments: